Reading The Fishfinder

Don

I need to get a battery and play with mine again. At least see if it still works.
I got mine for $19 two years ago at Cabellas online. I never used it in all that time. when I put it on the charger it was over 80%. In half an hr it read 100%. Nice thing is if I ever kill the big battery when I'm in the back forty I'm pretty sure this will get me home.

truecrimson

Was looking through old pics where my fish finder was caught in the pic by accident. My screen never looked any of those in other people's pics or videos. Mostly it just had the depth and temp and nothing else.

Solitario Lupo

sounds good everyone. and the reason that the stripers are elongated is because they didn't move away out of the cone? So they just get longer ...
If your passing by the mark should be smaller not longer but it can be a big mark if your over a big school of fish. Just one big fish will leave a big check mark with some color a small one will leave a smaller check with no color or very little. As you sit there and the fish stay below you the longer the line will get as it’s reading the fish below you so it doesn’t really change.

Reactions: Don

truecrimson

Picked up a battery Friday after work. Charged it. Hooked up the Lowrance, and nothing. No sounds, no lights, no display, nothing. Fuse looks OK to me. Did some research and got some ideas to try. May see if I can find someone to test it. But it may be time for a new one.

truecrimson

So then it's telling me I don't need it, and these are only for the rest of you who can't find fish on your own. Got it.

Reactions: A-5

truecrimson

There is a fuse in the power cord. It looks OK to me, but I am going to put a new one in anyway and see what happens. So far no joy on the other ideas I had found to try. Since I had to assemble the power cord myself all those years ago I want to make sure that it isn't the issue, hence wanting to find someone who can test the unit itself.

Don

Did you try your local bait shop owner ? While mine doesn’t offer any for sale he has years of experience.

truecrimson

Get a good one this time.
Joking aside, what would you consider a good one these days?

Did you try your local bait shop owner ? While mine doesn’t offer any for sale he has years of experience.

Haven't been able to get by Coble's yet, or Bass Pro. Happened to be near Sportsman's Warehouse at Capital City Mall yesterday and asked if we could hook it up to one of their display power supplies and see if it worked. Unfortunately power supplies have changed and none of the Lowrance models in their display had a compatible one. The guys there were very helpful.

Called Bass Pro and they said bring it by and try it, but we didn't have time yesterday. So Bass Pro and Coble's will be my next stops with it when I have a chance.

Also emailed Lowrance even though it is WAY out of warranty. My wife suggested maybe they could diagnose it for a fee and fix it for less than buying a new one, if it's more than just a new cable. We did that with a Garmin GPS with a cracked screen years ago, in the dark ages before phone GPS was a thing.

New power cables are available and run $30-$40. But I don't want to buy one unless I know that is the problem.