Trout Derby 2021

A-5

Randy Z has donated three more rods. Two ice and one ultra light. So we will be doing some kind of trout derby. You say I don’t ice fish? You have a boat? You can use ice rods on boats for jigging or put a float on they can be fun. So we will let the dust settle and I’ll have to see what the derby will look like. But have fun with it.

Gremcat

I’m in, doubly so if it goes into May. Gotta wait for my homerun spot to be ready, pretty much frozen I bet right now. Come on 10 lbs + brown LoL. I’d settle for a pile of 17-19” brookies again on top water.

I’d run an ice rod for a bunch of unconventional stuff. Backpack Brookie rod, travel rod for trips across the NE states, etc.

Reactions: A-5

Randy Z

The ultralight is REALLY ultralight. Best suited for 4 pound test. Very spongy top end, great for indicator presentation, feel everything!!!! I built the same rod for myself and caught a 10 inch crappie on it, it felt like a 10 pound channel cat!!! Lol !!!!

Don

Human interest story:
I met a Cub Scout last year and his Father. The Derby they were in was for the Smallest Sunny. They were fishing at a local public pond and having a blast at it.

A-5

So here’s how it’s gonna work this year.

Every fish will be a entry. Having a tape measure might be the biggest pain in the azz to the derby second is the catch card. So here’s how it works. In the past someone catches a breeder trout and interest goes way down. Like why even post. So every trout caught will be a entry. So if you post three fish. You get three entrees to win one of the rods from Randy. Here’s how we qualify. Multiple ways. A traditional catch card with your username on it and 2021 trout derby. I’ll give example later. So you forgot your catch card. What to do. Well. The fingers. Lol. As you land your fish put two fingers in the pic and snap a photo. Write the number two in the mud and snap a pic. Take a number two domino and lay it down next to the fish. As long as the number two is represented it’s a qualified fish. I’ll show examples later. Any questions let me know.

A-5

We at paangling.com have the right to change a prize at any point. If for any reason a donation to the derby can not be shipped the derby is officially Bragging right only at that point. Donations are not handled by paangling.com and we are not responsible for the prize outcome in any way. If you have a problem with anything delivered. We will in the nicest way tell you to beat it. This is a friendly derby amongst friends. If a sponsor would have any health issues or financial set backs at any time the prize may not get delivered. This disclaimer is unfortunate. But it’s always possible a prize may have a issue and not be delivered. As for wording of the derby and what qualifies. A-5 has final word and can change his mind for any reason. If for some reason a fish qualifies in two different categories A-5 will make a decision on which category it belongs in and that’s final. You don’t like that well. You will. Hahahah. Have fun everyone. At the end of this derby which last from today with the youth start till May 22, 2021 at midnight. Each person will be given a number and then A drawing will determine first winner, then second winner and third winner. A number generator will pick numbers. First with three of their numbers picked will win first prize. Then second then third. Good luck everyone.

And yes members Kids under 16 qualifies. Just post with a clever name or first name and they will qualify for the drawing.

Last edited:

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Love it A-5, I feel like I am reading an app acceptance agreement from the Apple App Store.

Count me in for providing a half dozen of the finest assorted trout spinners ever created (probably an exaggeration) as a prize provided by yours truly.

josey12340

I might just throw an entry in since I don't have to measure or anything. Of course the picture thing might be too much for me. Maybe you could just take my word for it how many I enter.😄😄

A-5

She would have to sig up. 17 and younger can be posted as one of your kids. 18 and over have to sign up. You can post for her but she would need a profile.