What did you Buy Today?

MB3

Sorry to hear you are having to sell stuff. Job changes suck. I just got some news at my FT this week that means I will be moving on.

Did I read that right that you are selling a yak trailer?
I don't have to, I actually want to. I want an easier life.

Yes but we are trying to sell as a package at the moment. If we sell separately I'll let you know. It is a converted boat trailer.

Don

I went to drive a used Colorado and a used 1500. They fit my perceived budget. 2016. $25000 for ColorDo. $36000 for the 1500. 19000 for my trade. I couldn’t fit into Colorado. It had allot of road noise and vibration compared to the Silverado that I had driven first. The seasoned salesman said that to be fair the brand new model is a complete re-do and is a world nicer. I really liked the 2017 1500.

Gremcat

I went to drive a used Colorado and a used 1500. They fit my perceived budget. 2016. $25000 for ColorDo. $36000 for the 1500. 19000 for my trade. I couldn’t fit into Colorado. It had allot of road noise and vibration compared to the Silverado that I had driven first. The seasoned salesman said that to be fair the brand new model is a complete re-do and is a world nicer. I really liked the 2017 1500.
You’re a big guy for a Colorado. I had the predecessor and got by as a young 20 yo but now I wouldn’t fold up so easy. I’ve not been in a new Colorado but the first year a coworker had was pretty compact.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Wait a second! When you visited me that one time you had a pickup? What happened to that one?

Regardless, you are a larger man and as much as I love this new Canyon (GMC’s version of Colorado) I don’t know that it would be comfortable for a person your size. And No!! I’m not calling you fat! Lol. I just have the benefit of being short and mid size so the manufacturers make vehicle for guys like me.

Don

I have an F250 HD Lariat. Absolutely wonderful truck if you need a truck like that, lol. 11mpg 12 on hwy. Rides like a freaked out rock. 13000GVW with an equally high towing capacity. I have a sawmill and had used the truck to pick up(w/trailer) logs from worksites and clearing jobs. The truck has barely been used except as a taxi. Shame. Its gotta go now that I travel all over WT, MT, UT, NV, ID, CA and more. The Jetta is nice but has to go in lieu of something more comfy. For the Jetta, the irony is, once I'm in it it fits great....just ingress and egress issues. I almost thought it would be nice to have one more new vehicle but I retire in less than 3 yrs and want the House and Cars paid off or it won't work on the income I'll have to live with...I want to play in retirement.
If you know of a contractor that needs a Heavy Duty in great shape let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_6532.jpeg
    IMG_6532.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4

Don

You’re a big guy for a Colorado. I had the predecessor and got by as a young 20 yo but now I wouldn’t fold up so easy. I’ve not been in a new Colorado but the first year a coworker had was pretty compact.
Ironically I fit in the seat and dash area well but the seat and pedal distance was screwy. If I put the seat back to where the pedals were far enough away then I couldn't reach the wheel. If I adjusted so the wheel was correct then the pedals were in my lap.
Buying vehicles can be fun if not sometimes frustrating.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
@Don now I understand. Great tool that truck is but not necessarily the tool for the job you need done. Makes sense.

My Canyon has a telescoping steering wheel whereas I don’t believe the Colorados do? Just food for thought if that Colorado did not.

Don

We should be proud of the mid-sized trucks we're producing now. The Ranger is nice, and Canyon and Colorado’s are simply amazing. They all have telescopic steering wheels but it was fully extended. In my Lariat the pedals are also adjustable in and out, handy as the wife is 5'2".

Last edited:

Gremcat

Ironically I fit in the seat and dash area well but the seat and pedal distance was screwy. If I put the seat back to where the pedals were far enough away then I couldn't reach the wheel. If I adjusted so the wheel was correct then the pedals were in my lap.
Buying vehicles can be fun if not sometimes frustrating.
I’ve had a few rentals like that too. It doesn’t seem like they use proportional measurements.

Reactions: Don

Gremcat

We should be proud of the mid-sized trucks we're producing now. The Ranger is nice, and Canyon and Colorado’s are simply amazing. They all have telescopic steering wheels but it was fully extended. In my Lariat the pedals are also adjustable in and out, handy as the wife is 5'2".
My 7.3 the gear is stripped or something in seat. Always has been in the 10 yrs I’ve owned it. I thought of fixing a few times but it’s perfect for me and no one messes with my adjustments because at 6’3” no one else in the house fits it.

Reactions: Don

MB3

Someone on here recommended this stuff, Siege 8 lb Smoke Green - 1000 Yds Brand: Sufix

Looking forward to trying it out. Whatever happened to the Northland brand - walleye line? I heard the brand is discontinued.
I found some at a local shop but it doesn't seem as good as the older stuff.
I am a Sufix Siege mono influencer. I buy nothing else. I swear they under rate their lb test by a lot.

Don

-Use Advance Copolymer on Spinning reels for the heavier rigs. 12-14lb is where I'm at for Catfish.

-Seige is the very best general purpose line. Lays well on the reel and on the water, impressive. Because I have Old Fart Eyes I use tangerine or Chartreuse. 8-10lb for Casting. Best for charging fish...Bass, Cats and Pickerel...its a bit stretchy on a comparative basis.

-Elite is similar to Seige but a hair stiffer and nice for Jerkbaits and so forth. I like it allot. 4 and 6lb line is awesome.

All of these lines break way above their declared test. Advance is a harder line and it fishes similar to braid and mono so think of it for going after lite biters.

I'm really grateful that MB3 shared this brand with us and that I took the bait, lol.