What did you Catch Today?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Awesome!! I had a friend call me today who was returning from there on a 3 day trip. He said they were plentiful so I knew you’d get some action…even though I know you were worried!

Enjoy the rest of your trip and catch the heck out of em!

Reactions: A-5

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I hit Blue Marsh today. I was thinking they could have the feed bag on, conditions were really good, not! There was one good bait field but no fish on it and then some random bait piles here and there but I could not find a bite to save my life in my usual places. I tried coves, backs of creeks, points, secondary points, grass and nothing! But then I thought, could they already be in a winter pattern? Hmmm....so I drove to the deepest part of the lake and found a boulder field and what do you know, there were fish!

They would not hit a Drop Shot, Ned or a Keitech. I found that odd but they did hit the Football Jig with a Craw Trailer. Unfortunately, the day was already getting long so my time was limited but in about an hour I generated 6 bites, landing 2 of them, carbon copy of the one below. They were in 32' of water and 60' out from the boat so with that kind of line out, it was a challenge but a fun one. Smallies don't give you that pop like a LM does with a jig so they are hard to detect in that scenario and damn do they like to swim with the jig in their mount towards ya, hence the misses.

Beautiful day today though. I can't wait to hit that spot again, I have a feeling it may become my favorite spot as I've never known about it before.

IMG_1981.jpeg

A-5

Oh no!! Something private or just life in general?
I haven’t had a great financial year this year. Im still recovering from two weddings last year and thanks to you know who gas is outrageous and my food bill is a mortgage payment every month. Im just saying all the play money is gone and mentally I’m just like uhg. $160 bucks to fill up my truck is absolutely disgusting. It seems I’ve felt the inflation thing a bit more than other people. Oh well life goes on. Just not the way I would like too. Lol

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I haven’t had a great financial year this year. Im still recovering from two weddings last year and thanks to you know who gas is outrageous and my food bill is a mortgage payment every month. Im just saying all the play money is gone and mentally I’m just like uhg. $160 bucks to fill up my truck is absolutely disgusting. It seems I’ve felt the inflation thing a bit more than other people. Oh well life goes on. Just not the way I would like too. Lol

I hear ya man. It’s getting everyone, bills are piling up for many. Having discipline to reel back now is key.

Blackcat Outdoors

I feel you, just topped off our oil tank since the projected price is going up again for the foreseeable future. Cost me $1100 dollars for 200 gallons of fuel. Same fill up last year was $700. My subie does pretty good on fuel, so at least I have that. Still hurts putting $50 at a clip into the little thing. I just got invited to help do some hog butchering and get paid with half a pig. Looks like I'm going to go for that to help with some food costs going into winter.

pabassman

I feel your pain brother. I havent fished much this season. I'm on a bit of a different mission. I've decided to retire in January. This shitty job I took isnt making life any better either. Now I'm filling up coffee cans and burying them in the yard lol.

A-5

I feel your pain brother. I havent fished much this season. I'm on a bit of a different mission. I've decided to retire in January. This shitty job I took isnt making life any better either. Now I'm filling up coffee cans and burying them in the yard lol.
Bahahahahahahahah.

Blackcat Outdoors

Congratulations, I've got a decade at least before I can even think about it.