What did you Catch Today?

Melvinp

Used Minnows and worms yesterday. Not even a hit. Saw allot of fish on the ElectroPictographer. Not a hit.
Don’t worry those fish finder things lie all the time lol fishing not catching lmbo it’s been slow on the bigger water and the creek I’ve fished lately getting time for trout though

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
We had a good day on the Raritan Bay chasing Striper today.

Bunker and Peanut Bunker seemed to be everywhere.
DE875E06-8027-4E3E-8D24-76BD87BDA509.jpeg

Chasing down stripers breaking on bait was fun both early and late but being patient for them to come back around was also rewarding. The three of us boated 12. 7 keepers and the rest overs. Our friend John that went with us today likes meat alot so we kept 3 and let him have it all for some nice upcoming meals.

The one that got my day started.

6A0D36A8-FE4D-4DA8-900C-2AEC3694D861.jpeg

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Where were you at. Looks flat. Congrats!

And yes, it was flat yesterday. I believe today is similar. Just great conditions inside and out of the bay but we did not venture too far out as we stayed busy.

I am laughing this morning remembering the first pod we found. Our friend John has gone with us several times through the years but he always seemed to go on the lean days and never got to take any home. When we all caught overs on that first pod, John measured his Striper at least 6 times, trying to convince us that 39 1/2" Striper was less than 38". I did mention, he really likes meat!

A lowlight yesterday was when John caught a dogfish, he likes to fish bunker on a fish finder rig whereas we like to throw swim jigs. Fishing bunker however also catches dogfish to which he caught many. My friend Brian was unhooking one for him and it turned the perfect way and put one of those spines deep into his forearm. He bled alot! From what I understand, they have venom that contains an anti-coagulant. I got hit in the finger last year just lightly and that bled more than expected but that forearm was bad. He says he's fine today though.

Don

I love it there. There is a nice Sandy bottom a little further out. Flat sand. And I caught an 18” sea robin. Biggest I’ve ever seen. Also up the Navasink under the bridge I see boat line up. Nice area.

Gremcat

Had hoped to tag out but I’m missing more than hitting. Filled a doe tag tonight and a bear last Thursday. Still two tags to go. If I hadn’t missed so much I’d have been fishing in SR or Erie by now. One day I’ll just skip the hunting entirely. Tough when it’s a 5 min walk and game almost every morning trip. If I had to hunt for real I’d be hanging it up I think.