What did you Catch Today?

MB3

We had write you own check overtime for years! This year the well ran bone dry. No Xmas bonus, no monthly bonus, no over time, no signs of it getting better. Throw in inflation, gas and heating bill season and it's going to be a quiet Winter.

I traded my life for over time for years. Maybe I needed this correction to find a balance?

HenryDavid

I haven’t had a great financial year this year. Im still recovering from two weddings last year and thanks to you know who gas is outrageous and my food bill is a mortgage payment every month. Im just saying all the play money is gone and mentally I’m just like uhg. $160 bucks to fill up my truck is absolutely disgusting. It seems I’ve felt the inflation thing a bit more than other people. Oh well life goes on. Just not the way I would like too. Lol
Money can be a pain but it's not the most important thing. Family is.

MuskieGal

We are feeling the pinch too. We have to be spending double what we were on groceries and gas. And now we are worried what the cost of heating is gonna be for the winter. Not to mention me being out of work for a month from surgery. Things are tight and we've had to cut way back. Sucks!!

Reactions: A-5

Solitario Lupo

Just came back from a Muskie trip myself and thought I get something and nothing not even bite from anything not the first. Water should be some good temps but I guess that’s fishing. Back to catfishin local lakes.

Melvinp

Got completely skunked yesterday. First time that's happened in quite a while. Went and hung a tree stand up on a friend's property in Waterville and hit up Pine Creek for about 2 hours after. Didn't even get a bite.
How are the leaves in the creek getting pretty bad up in my neck of the woods been fooled by many a leaf hoping for a trout lol

truecrimson

I haven’t had a great financial year this year. Im still recovering from two weddings last year and thanks to you know who gas is outrageous and my food bill is a mortgage payment every month. Im just saying all the play money is gone and mentally I’m just like uhg. $160 bucks to fill up my truck is absolutely disgusting. It seems I’ve felt the inflation thing a bit more than other people. Oh well life goes on. Just not the way I would like too. Lol
Only about $50 to fill up the Rav4. Just saying ;)

truecrimson

I feel your pain brother. I havent fished much this season. I'm on a bit of a different mission. I've decided to retire in January. This shitty job I took isnt making life any better either. Now I'm filling up coffee cans and burying them in the yard lol.

truecrimson

I feel your pain brother. I havent fished much this season. I'm on a bit of a different mission. I've decided to retire in January. This shitty job I took isnt making life any better either. Now I'm filling up coffee cans and burying them in the yard lol.
Congratulation on retiring

truecrimson

I've got 16 years or so until official retirement. With the extreme excess of work I haven't noticed as much of a need to cut back as others, but I also haven't fished since 4th of July. There is a fantastic shortage in my field, and especially in my little branch of it. The 3 month contract I have been on since the last full time job kicked us out ends tomorrow. I start the next full time job Monday. They want me to work 4 10 hour shifts instead of 3 12s. That leaves 1 day a week for my second job, and maybe I can squeeze in the 3rd job every other Saturday.

I have a plan though. If the wife and I can maintain some discipline ( :LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cry::cry::cry: ) i might get to eject from the rat race and be my own boss in 4 or 5 years. Of course I have had this plan for about 6 years now so...