What did you Catch Today?

Don

I DID the headfirst and the fish was long enough to fall out anyway. I'm going back and I'm gonna fix their Wagon!

Don

I think the first pike circled the boat three or more times but I remembered to get the anchor up.

Don

Don, sufix siege is no joke.
I use nothing else.
Yes. You're the one that introduced me to it I believe on the old site when I asked about line. I also like their co-polymer "Advanced Mono". But Siege and also Elite are my go-to's.
While I'm sure their are many good lines out there 'Ride'n for the Brand' gives you a controlled comparitive look (I made that up) at the different qualities available without having to leave the family.

A-5

I only spend money on the last 18”. Right now the best leader line out there is gold label. Then blue label. This gold label is amazing

Don

Then you’re in good hands with Suffix. It costs an average amount. The irony is that I’m often using Big Game 12 or 17 lb for bite tippet in pickerel waters. Buy one spool of Seige in orange or chartreuse for the reel you use in weedy grunky areas. Put you favorite tippet onto the end and go. You’ll love it. We could even pass the plate and take up a collection for you if you can’t afford it after buying Gold Label, lol.
I’m not sure you would see any difference on the Baitcasters. But on a spinning reel it would surprise you. Lays out and settles better than you can imagine. Strong. Visible. Managing it on the reel is nothing.

Last edited:

pabassman

Fished the last striper/walleye tournament Saturday night with my son Flyguy. Cooler and windy. Not the best conditions. One small walleye and 9 hybrids landed. I did get a decent one at 8.9#. Not a lot of fish brought in. Winning stripers were 13 & 12. Only 4 weighed in. Walleye was a 7.5, nice fish, second was 6.6. Only 5 weighed in. The tourneys are done with bass opening but the fishing will hold for another few weeks, especially for the stripers.

HenryDavid

Then you’re in good hands with Suffix. It costs an average amount. The irony is that I’m often using Big Game 12 or 17 lb for bite tippet in pickerel waters. Buy one spool of Seige in orange or chartreuse for the reel you use in weedy grunky areas. Put you favorite tippet onto the end and go. You’ll love it. We could even pass the plate and take up a collection for you if you can’t afford it after buying Gold Label, lol.
I’m not sure you would see any difference on the Baitcasters. But on a spinning reel it would surprise you. Lays out and settles better than you can imagine. Strong. Visible. Managing it on the reel is nothing.
I'll take that as an endorsement. I was searching for Northland Bionic Walleye line but it seems to be discontinued. Would you recommend this -

Siege 8 lb Smoke Green - 1000 Yds for bass ?

Reactions: MB3

MB3

I had a mate on a party boat try to snap 20lb Sufix Siege tied to a jig caught in a muscle bed. He tried like hell, it pulled drag multiple times before snapping. He was in disbelief.

I remember pulling a giant branch out of a stream with 4 lb test. It doesn't fail me.

Don

I like it for bass, panfish, trout and Channels. Caught two Medium Pike and got them two the boat on 8lb. If I’d had a bite tippet on there the 8lb would have been fine. The best thing is how it lays when casting. Supple. Loads back on well and flattens out on the reel. Holds knots very well. Rapala makes it.
I’ve never fished for Walleye.
In the 4 and 6 lb size it is too stretchy for hard hook sets so move up a bit if that is important. I rarely set a hook in any dramatic nascar or NFL style so it doesn’t matter.
I hope you try it.

Don

Fished the last striper/walleye tournament Saturday night with my son Flyguy. Cooler and windy. Not the best conditions. One small walleye and 9 hybrids landed. I did get a decent one at 8.9#. Not a lot of fish brought in. Winning stripers were 13 & 12. Only 4 weighed in. Walleye was a 7.5, nice fish, second was 6.6. Only 5 weighed in. The tourneys are done with bass opening but the fishing will hold for another few weeks, especially for the stripers.
Curious PA, what is your go-to for line?

Blackcat Outdoors

Did a kyack trip on Sunday. I usually make this trip a couple day affair, but life/work meant I got Sunday. My camera mount broke, so didn't get fish pics. I caught 8 average small mouth. Not the greatest trip, but not bad either.

20230604_163226.jpg

Here was our flotilla, minus one paddle board. Water was extremely low, as expected, so it was a half paddle half hike for a chunk of the day.
20230604_133137.jpg

20230604_140957.jpg

Don

Did a kyack trip on Sunday. I usually make this trip a couple day affair, but life/work meant I got Sunday. My camera mount broke, so didn't get fish pics. I caught 8 average small mouth. Not the greatest trip, but not bad either.

View attachment 5287

Here was our flotilla, minus one paddle board. Water was extremely low, as expected, so it was a half paddle half hike for a chunk of the day.
View attachment 5288

View attachment 5289
Looks like a blast. upper Susky?

pabassman

Curious PA, what is your go-to for line?
10 # and up I use BPS excel. Cheap. Strong, never lost a fish to a line issue that wasnt self induced. I buy bulk spools in 10, 14,17. For finesse stuff I use Seaguar, usually 6#. i dont use that too often. Panfish rods get 4# Seaguar. Ice is 3# Suffix Ice Line

Don

Poor Mister 5! He got no plan. He'll never get out'a Sellersville.

Until recently I had completely forgotten how heavy 4lb can land. I really like summer fishing ultralight.

For Pike and Cats I'm loading 10lb suffix advance on the casting combo and 14lb Seige on the float/cutbait combo.

Thanks for sharing.

A-5

No hi viz for me I don’t understand the concept. Two it’s way more visible and the main line for me is the last thing I worry about. I don’t have a real problem with the line I use. And it’s the cheapest line out there.