What did you Catch Today?

truecrimson

Solid day on the stream. Caught my PB best Fallfish, never saw one this size it fought like a trout lol Next cast was a 15 inch+ smallie. I cast in that spot a good 8 times before they bit. Persistence pays off, so does knowing landmarks that always produce. View attachment 5313
Liar. They fight better than a trout. And they get bigger than that ;)

Reactions: MB3

Melvinp

I’ll let don tell ya all are trip went today he’s way way better than I am at fishtails laugh my butt off !!!

Don

IMG_2696 copy.jpgThis is the Lake where last year I was practicing catching suspended fish. It was fun than and what we did today was funerer! Melvin made up simple and effective worm rigs. Not sure the name of the hook style but they worked above that was a spinner blade and an assortment of different beads and thingydingys. These were installed on 3-4' of what he described as Floro Leader of about 10 or 12 lb rating. It took a bit of coordination on Melvins part but we were able to troll these worm rigs as deep as 30-40 ft (Usually much less). We mostly caught trout and that is an unusual thing for me as I mostly fish Bass and Panfish waters. Freezer is filling up slowly.

Melvinp

Don you didn't let Melvin take pics with any of your fish?
I was pretty busy telling him how deep his sinker was,steering the boat,controlling the speed,watching the lake depth,setting up his rod and leader length,trying to see around his 6’2 frame and avoid boats,logs and listening to him tell me all about the history of a zebco 202 oh yeah and telling him to reel,reel reel every time he had a fish on lol

Don

Brutal.

Well it was fun.
I was pretty busy telling him how deep his sinker was,steering the boat,controlling the speed,watching the lake depth,setting up his rod and leader length,trying to see around his 6’2 frame and avoid boats,logs and listening to him tell me all about the history of a zebco 202 oh yeah and telling him to reel,reel reel every time he had a fish on lol
Baybee sitting pays well. I'll be speaking well of you from here on in.
You forgot to mention letting me loose half your gear....
Point is I did all the catching, almost.

Melvinp

Brutal.

Well it was fun.

Baybee sitting pays well. I'll be speaking well of you from here on in.
You forgot to mention letting me loose half your gear....
Point is I did all the catching, almost.
Next time I’ll set their holding on my fishing pole waiting for a bite bahaha

Don

Why would anyone waste their time?
Why? Because of the desire to please loved ones that are sketchy at eating fish. The more the fish look “Factory Built” the more loved ones will tolerate them. I fillet everything. I prefer unfileted for grilling. For panfish I prefer gutted and scaled and broiled. But then only I will eat then.
I also brine most trout. These were. One part sugar and two parts salt. Coat and refrigerate overnight. Rinse the next day and soak for an hour or two. Do this three times. The meat is then firm and tasty.