What did you Catch Today?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I didn't make the Striper trip I mentioned earlier in this thread. My buddy and I decided to skip it as at the time, we still did not have two 50 degree nights in a row. That has since changed of course but glad we made the right decision as action was slow out there reading reports.

I went out today on the Schuylkill and found a few smallies, 3 nicer ones like the one shown below and a handful of some smaller ones plus a random channel cat.

IMG_2818.jpeg

pabassman

The past few hot days and warm nights has everything moving. Buddies were out Monday and today and lots of fish moved shallow. Lots of smallies, gills and crappies in less than six feet. Friday they were still in 20 plus

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
The past few hot days and warm nights has everything moving. Buddies were out Monday and today and lots of fish moved shallow. Lots of smallies, gills and crappies in less than six feet. Friday they were still in 20 plus

All of my catches were found shallow yesterday but that’s also where I focused my efforts. I did see some LM in the shallows but nothing on beds. On the hunt I assume. Great to see though as we don’t catch many LMs in that area.

Reactions: Don

Solitario Lupo

Went to Mingo creek yesterday for the third stocking. Nice fished a hole that had a bunch in it caught 4 missed some. Waters warming up quick.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Hit up my local reservoir around lunch time and caught 6 of these guys today.

IMG_2826.jpeg

There were still some on bed but the ones caught today were on the prowl and pretty aggressive. Happy to see! I didn’t see any bass hatchlings yet but I did get to see the results of the frog frenzy I experienced a couple of weeks ago. You’ll have to zoom way in but there are hundreds of tadpole in that photo.

IMG_2827.jpeg

truecrimson

I didn't make the Striper trip I mentioned earlier in this thread. My buddy and I decided to skip it as at the time, we still did not have two 50 degree nights in a row. That has since changed of course but glad we made the right decision as action was slow out there reading reports.

I went out today on the Schuylkill and found a few smallies, 3 nicer ones like the one shown below and a handful of some smaller ones plus a random channel cat.

View attachment 6124
Where on the skook do you put your boat?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
No pics but we fished Raritan Bay for the Fluke opener today. Just two shorts for me and one short for my buddy Brian. 2 of the fish were just under, damn scientists seem to know how to play the game as they would have been legal last year.

Conditions were lousy! We knew the bay would be “bubbly” as the intervals were 3-4 seconds but only 1 footers so nothing we haven’t experienced before but I guess the storm system off the coast just pushed sand and dirt throughout the bay making the whole thing look like chocolate Yoo-hoo.

We launched out of Keyport, nothing doing there. Went to the NY side and marked some Stripers but now bites so we made the longer than normal trek to Officers Row in Sandy Hook and that where we found something willing to bite. I had a couple of long releases as well down there, I’m sure they were both keepers. lol