What did you Catch Today?

Solitario Lupo

I don’t really like fishing for perch. Usually when I get a couple that deep they always die so since I don’t keep them I try to stay away from them. Looks like some nice sizes.

Melvinp

I’m would be willing to take a chance and say those fish will be in the freezer for sure and will be some good eating. Someone say fish fry lol

pabassman

I’m would be willing to take a chance and say those fish will be in the freezer for sure and will be some good eating. Someone say fish fry lol
I tossed back the fish that came from 18 to about 23 feet. No popping air bladders on them. None made it to the freezer lol. Ate them two days and gave some to friends.

Last edited:

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Just a little one on a chatterbait on a quick trip to my little local reservoir to see where the fish are staging.

IMG_2797.jpeg

Frogs are doing their thing so I am guessing about a week or so yet til the action gets good.

IMG_2800.jpeg

The reservoir had the dam repaired the last few years and according to my research it is finished and the dam has been raised to full pool. That changes the fishing approach dramatically vs other years. For example, this is where the one came from.

IMG_2798.jpeg

Whereas prior years, full bank access and casting to well defined weed lines was super easy.

Don

So are you saying that since it went to full pool That would leave the old weed lines deeper and further from shore. If this is so then fish the outside of the old weed line??? Thinking Crappie.

Reactions: A-5

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
So are you saying that since it went to full pool That would leave the old weed lines deeper and further from shore. If this is so then fish the outside of the old weed line??? Thinking Crappie.

Yes. Last year I was fishing 20’ in front of those trees. That side is a gradual slope so it isn’t as dramatic on the steeper banks but I will be fishing from the woods as there are no beaches to speak of now. Kind of neat as I know all the drains, prior sunny beds and rock piles but flip casting will become the norm.

I have not fished it for Crappie but some other anglers there have mentioned some impressive past years in size. I’m looking forward to seeing the place come back to life.

Don

Yes. Last year I was fishing 20’ in front of those trees. That side is a gradual slope so it isn’t as dramatic on the steeper banks but I will be fishing from the woods as there are no beaches to speak of now. Kind of neat as I know all the drains, prior sunny beds and rock piles but flip casting will become the norm.

I have not fished it for Crappie but some other anglers there have mentioned some impressive past years in size. I’m looking forward to seeing the place come back to life.
Really fun stuff

Reactions: A-5