What did you Catch Today?

Don M

That is the ole'Oysta Cracker. Almost grabbed on of them from the wrong end in Delaware Bay.
Nope! I hadn't seen a Oyster Cracker in years, and that's what I thought too. Than a friend from the Inlet came over and told me.

Don M

Carefull, I'm the smartest guy here, ask me, I will be the first to tell you, lol.
Stargazer
Yes Sol when I caught my 1st one, I had it on the wall and was about to grab it. The guy I see every time I'm there told me about it. The spine on it's back gives off an electrical charge. I'm told they taste like Monk fish, I know of one guy that takes it and skins it.

Don

Uh oh you’re onto me TC.
Hey Don the wall sounds safe and effective. Have you caught blues or striper there. My son has fished the Manasquan inlet at night with some success.

Don M

Have caught short blues, good bait. Never fished for striper, may this coming season. I'm into keeping logs, date, water temp, keepers, who I fished with, where I fished, tide coefficient, notes (water quality, sea grass etc..) total fish, solunar activity. I use tides4fishing.com for a lot of my information. It's a 1 1/2 hour drive, so I get there 15 mins. before light till about 3:00 PM. The wall is only 1' high, so I sit in my chair and fish the tides. And I only go Monday - Thursday, as a rule. I mainly use spearing (I salt them) for bait, and some Gulp mullet. I've only been in to fluke fishing 4 years, and have caught 1,180, but only 17 keepers (18") a lot just short. Best day was 66, on 2 tides it seemed like they stocked fluke in front o me, fish or bite every cast LOL

Gremcat

Looks like a giant version of a Sculpin or whatever those little creek minnows are called. I used to catch them in my local creek as a kid.

Gremcat

When I fished up north on the jetties we used cut bait and sand worms with their head/pincers cut off. Kind of gross little buggers but Striper and blues liked them. I sort of remember hearing Fluke like them as well but it was decades ago now.

Don

I hate getting near those sand worms...creepy...but necessary.

Don I like to eat Snapper Blues but only find them in FL.