What did you Catch Today?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I can explain that. Over 50, 1/2 mile walk pulling 200 pounds behind you! Can you say "heart attack?"

I remember the first “successful” Salmon River trip I had. We parked at the museum, the road down to the water was closed at that time. We both caught three nice fish and the drag back to the truck was like deer season! I don’t keep many fish anymore. Lol

HenryDavid

I can explain that. Over 50, 1/2 mile walk pulling 200 pounds behind you! Can you say "heart attack?"
Oh I see, I had a nasty drag off the lake last night pulling a one man flip-over. We had gotten an inch or 2 of new powder and those style sleds just pull like a mule in any accumulations, had to take breaks every 200 feet. I have a small sled that pulls much easier in snow, I should have a pop-up to take out with the small sled, season is pretty much 1/2 over though.

Nappy

Ya Randy pretty much said it. Well also stayed to long, in a white out on a lake with know lights and the wind blowing all signs of when you came out. 170+ Acer lake. Who I kidding I'd do it again anytime. Never was good at learning from my mistakes lmbo.

Nappy

I might not want to know but here it goes.
Otter x over= 95 lbs
20 lbs propane tank and big buddy heater= a lot lbs
Garmin two 7ah batt.
10ah batt. for shanty lights
Java lots of java
Rods tipups and fishing gear
Bucket of minnows
So all and all a lot of wieght like 300lbs

Melvinp

I might not want to know but here it goes.
Otter x over= 95 lbs
20 lbs propane tank and big buddy heater= a lot lbs
Garmin two 7ah batt.
10ah batt. for shanty lights
Java lots of java
Rods tipups and fishing gear
Bucket of minnows
So all and all a lot of wieght like 300lbs
Funny but o so true.Heated fishing boat on skies lol

Bootfoot

Nothing better then perch through the ice.

hey nappy, Get some old skis, attach 6” riser blocks to them and bolt those lousy plastic sleds to the riser blocks. your sled is now a Ferrari and will pull so easy through snow, ice or whatever. it slides so well it will run into the back of your ankles. i will never ever go back to dragging one of those plastic death sleds. I can pull my smitty sled for miles and miles with little to no effort And I laugh my ass off watching guys killing themselves trying to pull those plastic tubs of grief and heartache.

Melvinp

hey nappy, Get some old skis, attach 6” riser blocks to them and bolt those lousy plastic sleds to the riser blocks. your sled is now a Ferrari and will pull so easy through snow, ice or whatever. it slides so well it will run into the back of your ankles. i will never ever go back to dragging one of those plastic death sleds. I can pull my smitty sled for miles and miles with little to no effort And I laugh my ass off watching guys killing themselves trying to pull those plastic tubs of grief and heartache.
I think he already did

Nappy

After that night in the blizzard was the last bad drag for me came home and got to work. Made a quick prototype smitty to get me through the season but going to really put one together this year. Collapsible model for storage and once out on the ice the shanty comes off and it turns into a hole hopper sled. Made a mistake last time out and left the shanty on all day and into the night. When I went to leave the skis were totally frozen to the slush in 8 inches of snow. Lesson learned. Maybe mount up the 044 to tracks 😆