What did you Catch Today?

pabassman

Yep. 14 of the fish including the walleye came from the same hole. It was cold and a bit breezy. I got lazy and just sat on the same spot for a couple hours.

Don

I hear there is a little of everything i there. But giant brown trout are supposedly the trophy to get. I haven’t heard on Northerns in there.

pabassman

Deep, cold water, I didn't know there were walleye in there.
I didnt either. I did see another guy with one last week and there is talk of three caught that day. One guy claims they came from some lake upstream that had a dam issue??? A mutual friend of ours loves it there and has been trying to get me to go for three years. After my son did well on the kayak this fall I decided to try it. LOVE IT!!! I'm always looking around thinking a Sasquatch is going to chase me lol! its brutally cold in that hole. I'm 20 miles away and last week it was 14 at my house and 0 there.

Don

That is the top of the Pocono Plateau. It is usually 10 +/- degrees colder there. I often drive up through Blakesley on business to Wilkes Barre ( what is that Rt115 ). And it is always colder.

Don

It would be logical, if one hadn't any scruples, to stock this lake. Look at the depth charts and consider the large amount of Clean water flowing through. It is a natural progression.

HenryDavid

I didnt either. I did see another guy with one last week and there is talk of three caught that day. One guy claims they came from some lake upstream that had a dam issue??? A mutual friend of ours loves it there and has been trying to get me to go for three years. After my son did well on the kayak this fall I decided to try it. LOVE IT!!! I'm always looking around thinking a Sasquatch is going to chase me lol! its brutally cold in that hole. I'm 20 miles away and last week it was 14 at my house and 0 there.
I have a couple friends that brag about it also. As much as I've fished the Lehigh just below the dam I've never fished the reservoir, sounds like an awesome place. Congrats on the walleye.

Don

lemmee guess, the perch you threw back were sinks and the crappy you threw back were merely average? This is a big fish lake from what I here. Small fish never get big cause of the big fish. I think that is healthy.

pabassman

lemmee guess, the perch you threw back were sinks and the crappy you threw back were merely average? This is a big fish lake from what I here. Small fish never get big cause of the big fish. I think that is healthy.
Its an different fishery. Picked up a couple things already. They aint afraid of bigger baits thats for sure. Its not an alewife lake but there is a lot of forage. Without a graph fishing here would be painful. Livescope will work wonders there.

Don

Then there are the 40' drawdowns and refills.

I think there are absolutely giants in there.

Last summer I had a fish just take my line and just swam away with it. I never turned him. Line broke at about 100 feet distant and maybe 20 or thirty feet deep. What was that? I figured it was a big cat or a snapper but I'll never know. Happened at Gouldsboro as well and I bet it was a snapper there as they have monster snappers there.

HenryDavid

Then there are the 40' drawdowns and refills.

I think there are absolutely giants in there.

Last summer I had a fish just take my line and just swam away with it. I never turned him. Line broke at about 100 feet distant and maybe 20 or thirty feet deep. What was that? I figured it was a big cat or a snapper but I'll never know. Happened at Gouldsboro as well and I bet it was a snapper there as they have monster snappers there.
Sounds like a monster carp