What did you Catch Today?

Gremcat

My match in more ways than one, gotta get with Don on which push button reels to set them up with for nice poles. Zebco was the jam when I was young. Want to find something that’ll last a long time though. Might get one of them to take a few fly fishing lessons with me. Good reason to get a few more rods.

Don

She doesn't look at all like you, haha.

New you want Abumatic 170, Zebco Omega or Zebco Bullet. Buy light-med action rod.
If used stick to Johnson 100B. They're all over Bay. See us at johnsonreels.com or Johnson reels on Facebook. if you buy a 100A or B there are parts available. We have a method of disassembling them, cleaning them and replacing any worn parts. They work best with 6 or 8 lb test.

Gremcat

New you want Abumatic 170, Zebco Omega or Zebco Bullet. Buy light-med action rod.
If used stick to Johnson 100B. They're all over Bay. See us at johnsonreels.com or Johnson reels on Facebook. if you buy a 100A or B there are parts available. We have a method of disassembling them, cleaning them and replacing any worn parts. They work best with 6 or 8 lb test.
Like this one? I’m almost ready to admit I have a problem. Now just need to bribe A-5 to build the other UL blank or get off my butt and learn. 61E81197-B1CD-41B4-9A62-C233B51AA8DF.png6FACAFBB-9924-4895-89E6-40891C17582A.png54A0EDCE-8FEC-4680-A222-51073559D8D1.png32C061E3-C28C-4FD5-B928-1A7D247B23CB.png38B7E4DC-EDBB-4EEF-B9D1-40B957A63CBC.pngA340E111-20EB-4D8E-B667-00B1D3B38040.png5E743D2C-6999-4504-A322-85103546514A.jpeg

Don

Sorry. On the water all day. That is a cool old reel but I’d look for the 100B. Plenty of parts.

Don

Go to proof fly fishing and watch Matt Drafts tutorials on fiberglass rod building. No epoxy just varnish’s and color preserver. I built that one in the photo. Get crack’n.

Gremcat

Haha, yeah the 100b was a favorite with the white button. I couldn’t resist an original though. Still looking for a Princess 100b if you want to part with one.

So far I’ve avoided the rod building thing. I’m pretty All In so another hobby might be an issue, LOL.

Reactions: Don

Gremcat

I’m stubborn so having a machine shop make parts is ok. Putting pieces together maybe not so good with my extremely limited patience

Gremcat

No idea how you couldn’t see the resemblance. Both beautiful people with far above average intelligence. Ok I’m not so good looking........ and maybe she gets brains from her Biologist Mother........ whatever I was a part of creating her...... lol

Don

Haha, yeah the 100b was a favorite with the white button. I couldn’t resist an original though. Still looking for a Princess 100b if you want to part with one.

So far I’ve avoided the rod building thing. I’m pretty All In so another hobby might be an issue, LOL.
Did you buy the 100?
Why not sign into the Facebook site, introduce yourself, and ask if anyone has one for sale. They're mostly collectors whereas I'm only a user. Some of those guys have own hundreds and hundreds. look to pay 40-50 for a lightly scratched Princess.

Gremcat

Did you buy the 100?
Why not sign into the Facebook site, introduce yourself, and ask if anyone has one for sale. They're mostly collectors whereas I'm only a user. Some of those guys have own hundreds and hundreds. look to pay 40-50 for a lightly scratched Princess.
I joined and saw the one young guy with a small showroom full. Seems even he struggled finding the pink ones. There are a few of two models of Princess on Ebay but condition is either rough or unknown.

I did buy the one, I posted the buy confirmation pics. I joined the FB page as well. I’d thought you meant a different site until I saw the links you posted.

Gremcat

The eBay one that’s an unknown is $55. The others are about the same but beat pretty badly. Thought I’d watch for a good one passively until the first arrives and I can try it out.

Don

Fun. If it is stiff when you get it I can, in most cases, walk you through getting it up to speed.

josey12340

Headed up north to go fishing for a few days. Had a great time. Rented a cabin at Ole Bull State Park and fished from there. Posted a few pics of some of the fish today. Didn't catch anything great but did catch a lot of trout. I don't know how you guys take pics along the creek. Doesn't work for me very well so I only entered a few of what I caught. I know A5 pictures or it didn't happen. Probably caught well over a hundred trout with the biggest around 18 inches, A bald eagle flew into a tree right above my wife and watched her fish. Saw two others. Went from warm and sunny weather to fishing in the while it was snowing a cold. Brought some home for Old Bob who can't get out anymore, Great trip--no cellphone service, no wifi, no TV. Great to get away from all that even if is just for a little while. Reminded me of when I was a kid when none of those things existed.