What did you Catch Today?

Gremcat

Guy from the local site who’s been less than a good friend is going through a rough patch. Gave him pointers to fish this AM and nothing over 10”. I’m scrambling with my Princess turning 7, mother and grandparents do in, and still a work day but he wouldn’t hear “No”’so I took him to the Lehigh quick knowing it wouldn’t be super productive. I live on it so it’s close. I spent longer than I had to spend and squeaked out a single brown. He struck out... I’ve tried helping him with gear, line, tying, etc. and seeing his rig I know why my productive spots weren’t. He has a bass rod, 10-12 lbs test, giant silver swivel, pretied eagle claw with 8” of huge leader or whatever they come with. Oh well, I tried. I didn’t get a pic so kind of violate the thread rule. Probably get banned by A-5 just so he can beat me this year 😉

Reactions: A-5

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Unfortunate I will not be making a post titled x-x-xx X bay today.

We went out first light today to Raritan Bay in the hopes of catching hundreds of Stripers. NOT!

We caught one schoolie. All the while, we marked hundreds of fish. The wind just did not lay down and it was wind against tide all day and the 4 of us could not get them to react to save our lives. Talk about frustrating! I’ll simply call it the breaks of fishing but I cannot remember a day so bad.

Fingers crossed that the next outing weather actually goes as predicted......rare!

Gremcat

That thing is 5’ long
Yep my thoughts too. Looks like Yellow Creek out near Pittsburgh. I’m considering going on their waiting list now that I’m not Reloing most likely. I read 5 years or so. Some nice fish in that 2.5 mile stretch though. I stalk their feeds and haven’t seen a blue color phase that big. The markings look close though