What did you Catch Today?

Don

Michael? I thought it was Mark...not a good sign Don.
I'm wondering where you caught the Musky. Not precisely but in the Northeast, River, Lake?
Do you have a strategy for getting the next one. Do you both work on this or ar you both fishing for different stuff when youre out. I've wanted to catch N.Pike all my life and just haven't gotten that fall yet. Sol is impressing me though. An also Nappy.

MB3

I'm wondering where you caught the Musky. Not precisely but in the Northeast, River, Lake?
Do you have a strategy for getting the next one. Do you both work on this or ar you both fishing for different stuff when youre out. I've wanted to catch N.Pike all my life and just haven't gotten that fall yet. Sol is impressing me though. An also Nappy.
Mike works too. We have both lake and river areas we target for musky. When I say target it's more like we know they are there, are we lucky enough that day? We don't over gear up for them so part effort, part luck.

As for luck I didn't have that on my side when I slid down a short, steep embankment and snapped my rod. My equipment has taken a beating the last 2 weeks.

Don

Mike works too. We have both lake and river areas we target for musky. When I say target it's more like we know they are there, are we lucky enough that day? We don't over gear up for them so part effort, part luck.

As for luck I didn't have that on my side when I slid down a short, steep embankment and snapped my rod. My equipment has taken a beating the last 2 weeks.
Kim and I broke my first Daiwa spinning rod when we were packing up to go camping 40 some years ago. Slammed the tip in the hatchback of our 1975 Honda Civic. That started the run of wreckage for me. So far I like Kastking products. While a step up from Dept store quality they still remain affordable.
Here is a facsimile of the car we had. It was a hoot!

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 2

MuskieGal

Both of my muskies were from the same body of water, a small lake in NE pa. We know they are in the Delaware too which we hit a lot but we don't directly target them just hope to get lucky lol

MuskieGal

Kim and I broke my first Daiwa spinning rod when we were packing up to go camping 40 some years ago. Slammed the tip in the hatchback of our 1975 Honda Civic. That started the run of wreckage for me. So far I like Kastking products. While a step up from Dept store quality they still remain affordable.
Here is a facsimile of the car we had. It was a hoot!
Cool looking little car. Yeah we've broken a few rod tips with the car door lol. We just hit Field and Stream to replace a couple reels and one broken rod that Michael fell on yesterday.

Don

lol. Joe Namath took Ballet lessons to help him. Maybe you two need ballet.

If you do sign up Can you also enroll TC and A-5?

MB3

We hit Shohola around 630am. Another solid day for both of us. I managed 3 Bass, 3 Perch, a Bluegill and a ton of pickerel. Shiela caught a Bass and all Pickerel besides that.

In the spirit of A-5, it wasn't kayakers blocking the damn boat launch it was 3 guys bobber fishing. Normally we go into the mud on either side of the launch to prevent scratching up the boat. Not today, they weren't budging.

Boat launch not kayak drop off.
Boat launch not fishing platform.
Boat launch not inflate your raft spot.

pabassman

Decent night on the water with my son Matt. Fished 9:30 til 2:30, left the stripers biting. No bait spawning but did find some pods up shallow. 1 walleye, 6 stripers. None much over 5 pounds

Attachments

• 20220529_215220.jpg
    20220529_215220.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220529_215229.jpg
    20220529_215229.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 4

Don

I didn't get so many but the quality it fine:
10” Rock bass, 17” Bass, 3.6lb 19” Bass
Notice that I'm a snagger now, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_3651.jpeg
    IMG_3651.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3647.jpeg
    IMG_3647.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3645.jpeg
    IMG_3645.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Don

Decent night on the water with my son Matt. Fished 9:30 til 2:30, left the stripers biting. No bait spawning but did find some pods up shallow. 1 walleye, 6 stripers. None much over 5 pounds
Awesome night for you two. That is so impressive.