Wholesale Hooks

Don

There are allot of places to buy bait holder hooks cheaply and in bulk…wholesale you might say. But what about other specialty hooks? Nappy gave me a great contact for Flytyingwarehouse and it is nice for fly tying hooks. I’m looking to acquire or purchase hooks, the ones I use the most, in bigger packs.
These would be wide gap worm hooks and dropshot and so forth.
Would you share your sources.

Don

Is size 1/0 okay for wacky? I’ve been using 2/0 because I owned a pack.
4.99 for 50.

8331 Eagle Claw L183FS 1/0 Salmon/Steelhead (50pk)​

(0) No Reviews yet

8331-01.jpg

$4.99

Last edited:

A-5

Buy three packs shipping is free. Easy to do, I have many friends but one is roughly $26

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Is size 1/0 okay for wacky? I’ve been using 2/0 because I owned a pack.
4.99 for 50.

8331 Eagle Claw L183FS 1/0 Salmon/Steelhead (50pk)​

(0) No Reviews yet

8331-01.jpg

$4.99
I like 1/0 for whacky. 2/0 just seems too big and I think they see it.

A-5

You don’t need a large hook if a o ring is used. 1/0 if your poking the rubber

Don

I've been using 2/0 1)because I had them 2) because I had planned to learn drop-shotting and these are good for that 3)they're very sharp and 4) they perform well when puncturing larger baits...especially Crawlers, minnows and large dia wacky worms.
Im making a new bulk purchase now and if you say 1/0 will will be enough then I'll include them in my choices as I search for good deals.

A-5

Why do you guys use monster hooks? Lol. Drives me nuts looking at a natural presentation and this huge hook. Low profile stealth. If I nose hook a worm drop shot ag the number 4 goes on nor a huge 1/0 hook

Don

These are my typical baits for May-June/pre-weed time. 6" Yamamoto, 5" zinger, Solitatio Crawdad (sm) and 4" Kieteck minnow. The hooks are 1) Round Bend 2/0, 2) Typical Drop Shop 1/0 and 3) #4 Baitholder.
Although sizes 10-4 Eagle Claw bait holders are my favorites for baitI find them lacking for plastics in some cases. The best use in plastics in with nose hooking.

IMG_3681.jpeg

Don

For artificial baits I prefer hooks with round bend. Notice that most bait holders don't have a round bend.

Attachments

• IMG_3683.jpeg
    IMG_3683.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

Don

Showing the weedless method I use on worm (in this case a fat 6" Yamamoto) the 2/0 is barely big enough. You can see that when I drive it in there isn't a whole lot of room left for the point to travel in the fishes mouth. Here a 4/0 would have been better but the 2/0 caught me some Bass. For the red Zum Dinger 2/0 is fine. In fact 1/0 would work.

Attachments

• IMG_3684.jpeg
    IMG_3684.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3685.jpeg
    IMG_3685.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Don

Years and years of Sage and humble experience has taught me that when the weeds haven't yet become and issue that nose hooking is fine. In fact a better action is impaired when a EWG hook can be avoided.
Below: Top is a 1/0 Drop-Shot in the nose of the Yammy Fatty, Bottom is a 2/0 hooked through the eyes of a 4" Kieteck

Attachments

• IMG_3690.jpeg
    IMG_3690.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Don

2/0 through nose of the Yummy.
#4 in nose of 5" skinny Zum Dinger.

Both are perfect:

Attachments

• IMG_3691.jpeg
    IMG_3691.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3692.jpeg
    IMG_3692.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1

Don

Sols Crawl 2/0
4" Kieteck 1/0
On the minnow there is nice hinging noticed when these open bend hooks are used.

Attachments

• IMG_3693.jpeg
    IMG_3693.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2