Baitcasters

Don

No one ever commented on the part where I asked why they're using junkie handled rods where the blank is actually showing in the middle. I don't get it. Is there a good reason for that?

Melvinp

My 2 cents when you do get a backlash don’t just try to pull it out pull lightly then roll the spool back and forth if you pull hard your done they don’t always come out but most will if you take your time

Melvinp

No one ever commented on the part where I asked why they're using junkie handled rods where the blank is actually showing in the middle. I don't get it. Is there a good reason for that?
What do you mean by junky wait a minute I understand the open blank through the middle of the handle is meant for more feel if I understand you correctly.Its supposed to allow for more feel from the tip to the reel seat.I don’t think this would matter as much on a 2 piece rod than a 1 piece I like 1 piece way better for the light biters

Last edited:

Melvinp

I had heard that some time ago but feel what? Fiberglass tubing, oh how nice, lol.
Lol your old it’s carbon graphite now it just sends the vibration all the way through the rod so you don’t only feel it at the tip but at your hand

Don

backlash don’t just try to pull it out pull lightly then roll the spool back and forth if you pull hard your done they don’t always come out but most will if you take your time
Well guess what. Once bird nested I jumped into the pit of repair and yanked and yanked until the line broke, had a good laugh though and will move forward with it tomorrow.....and will not yank. had some good long casts but it is flipping that got me in trouble, yikes. Thanks

Melvinp

Well guess what. Once bird nested I jumped into the pit of repair and yanked and yanked until the line broke, had a good laugh though and will move forward with it tomorrow.....and will not yank. had some good long casts but it is flipping that got me in trouble, yikes. Thanks
Don’t worry it won’t be your last laugh my ever luven butt off

Don

Lol your old it’s carbon graphite now it just sends the vibration all the way through the rod so you don’t only feel it at the tip but at your hand
We'll see. Looks fun and I look forward to it. Nice fast reel. 7.2/1

Melvinp

I see a great potential for it. it will really rock for trolling as well.
I was looking at shimano s yesterday but with line counters for trolling not cheap though 2+ bills a piece and I want 2 rigs

Don

Cabelas has a less expensive version you might investigate. I think they are Daiwa (79) and Okuma (109).
My reel is the Cheapo Royal Legend II by Kastking. No counter. Sure is pretty. We'll see if I can get it to work.

Solitario Lupo

I don’t usually feel a difference but I fish with mostly a solid handle. 😐🖖

Reactions: Don

Melvinp

Cabelas has a less expensive version you might investigate. I think they are Daiwa (79) and Okuma (109).
My reel is the Cheapo Royal Legend II by Kastking. No counter. Sure is pretty. We'll see if I can get it to work.
All ready investigated that’s why the shimano

Don

Since I know so little about this type of reel I don't know how to judge one from another. Trout Spinners are very nice but so is my $39 Royal Legend. Until I've played with them on site I've no instinct. I'm watching your choices......so is a couple others but no pressure, Uncle.

Don

I don’t usually feel a difference but I fish with mostly a solid handle. 😐🖖
I have a struggle believing anyone "can feel" a Dif. I bet its a fad. I bet it was a way for the maker to save money at first and then it caught on. We'll know in 10-15 years.