Have any spots you want to share?

Melvinp

I’m 5’11and a 1/2 lol lost a little after back surgery probably close to 190 now but there’s no way I’m stepping on a scale to remind me what I used to be I earned every pound

Reactions: Don

Melvinp

Ok so I mostly fish trout, in Philadelphia, and Delaware counties. Just a little in Montgomery and Chester counties.
Some bass on the Perkiomen creek. Anyone want to share so spots?
Sure you show me yours and I’ll show you mine you go first lol just ask anytime from Wyoming county

Reactions: Don

Melvinp

Yeah that's why I have 5 kayaks. It takes at least 2 to float me and a 3rd to carry gear ;)

Joking aside, I'm 5"11 and in the low 250s. Started intermittent fasting in April and lost 45-50 lbs so far. Sort of stuck at the current weight but the waistline has been slowly shrinking, so I am not sure if the fat is redistributing or what's going on. My cold tolerance is way down, which is something that I experienced before when I lost a bunch of weight (subsequently regained) after my heart surgery back in 2012.

Swimming is optional but since we're both C&R guys you do have to wear one of those striped early 1900's swimming outfits ;)

View attachment 2165

The shoulder might be the only real issue, with paddling. I would try it on flat water first because it's easy to go back and get out. Once you launch on a creek or river you are committed to the trip. If you want to meet at a lake somewhere partway between us sometime in spring we could give you a test run. My in-laws are in Philly (Port Richmond) so I could also drag along a couple of yaks on one of our visits and we could try it at someplace closer to you.

You can always PM me, but anything you want to ask or say to anyone about fishing we would probably all want to hear and we would probably all want to see others responses.

Z is probably OK, except that he hangs around with Melvin ;)

Melvin is definitely not trustworthy, he'll push you in if you're fishing with him ;)

A-5 doesn't work or fish, except to snag. He really spends all his time making more A's and takes pics and videos of them fishing ;)

They haven't said much lately, but with MB3 and Sheila, she catches all the fish and let's him take pictures with some of them ;)

Me too. Would need to get into some details as I have not camped in years.
Your to funny leb

MB3

Late to the thread but we still lurk. I challenge regular kayaks at 250-260 lbs depending on the time of year. My first one I ever purchased I about sank lol I have a Feelfree Lure that does just fine but I prefer the boat seat and a foot pedal.

We frequent many lakes in a 1 hour radius. I've spent YEARS on Tobyhanna as it was super close. Now Shohola looks like our new home lake, with eyes on Wallenpaupack and a large learning curve.

We know what they stock at Sweet Arrow. Be damned if it helped us catch anything there lol

MB3

Don should know this or like this but fish Tobyhanna late May and you'll end up with 30-50 Pickerel an outing. They hit everything, bring light tackle and a micro wire leader unless you like practice tying up. Head directly across from the boat launch and fish that back edge, all of it.

Don M

Everyone on this site is a bunch of good people. We don’t care what you post. Will still talk about it, if we know. Just don’t do politics.

As for pms if you got something to say to someone give them a post I’m sure they won’t bite.

Your not bothering anyone as we all come to this site to talk about what we love doing.
I am seeing all these posts of bodies of water, some I have never heard of. So a shout out to the members, could you post the counties your in, so I can research the area.

Blackcat Outdoors

I'm in Lycoming, but right on the border with Clinton. Tons of good water here other than my usual haunts too. We've got the Susquehanna, rose vally lake, Foster Joseph Sayers Reservoir, and too many small trout streams to be named local to me.

Don M

I'm in Lycoming, but right on the border with Clinton. Tons of good water here other than my usual haunts too. We've got the Susquehanna, rose vally lake, Foster Joseph Sayers Reservoir, and too many small trout streams to be named local to me.
Thanks!

HenryDavid

Blackcat, do you ice fish Rose Valley? I've been out there once, just stopped to see the lake, I heard it was pretty good ice fishing. My fav stream is out your way - Rock Run

truecrimson

Leb-A-Non county here, but I also frequent Lancaster and Dauphin counties, and used to spend a good bit of time in Schuylkill county.

As mentioned Swatara runs from Schuylkill down to Dauphin county and empties into the Susquehanna right at 3 mile island.

Quittapahilla Creek runs through Lebanon county from east to west and empties into Swatara.

Stoevers Dam (Lebanon), Memorial Lake (Indiantown Gap), Marquette Lake (shore only, Indiantown Gap), Lions Lake (tiny, Lebanon), and Lakeside Quarry (Meyerstown) are all in Lebanon County.

Tulpehocken creek starts in Lebanon county, and fills Lakeside Quarry before heading on to Berks county and Blue Marsh.

Indiantown run starts somewhere north of the gap, runs through the gap and then fills Marquette in the gap. Coming out of Marquette it continues to Memorial, still in Indiantown gap. After Memorial it flows out of the gap, under 78 and 934 before emptying into Swatara at Harpers Tavern.

Speedwell Forge is in Lancaster county, right by Brickerville and the Wolf Sanctuary. Ask Melvin for directions. He went there for some lessons on love a while back ;) (inside joke)

Sweet Arrow is in Pine Grove, Schuylkill county. I told all the fish there to ignore MB3 and his pro guide Sheila ;)

Blue Marsh is in Berks County a little west of Reading. It's still pretty new to me but it holds species I have not caught yet.

Solitario Lupo

I am seeing all these posts of bodies of water, some I have never heard of. So a shout out to the members, could you post the counties your in, so I can research the area.
Allegheny, Washington, beaver are local. Little trips I do. Erie, forest, warren, venango, Crawford.