Have any spots you want to share?

Blackcat Outdoors

Blackcat, do you ice fish Rose Valley? I've been out there once, just stopped to see the lake, I heard it was pretty good ice fishing. My fav stream is out your way - Rock Run
I'm not really much into ice fishing. I know there's lots of people that do there. It was a go-to for perch and crappy for my dad and I when I was younger. There's some decent bass in it too and I caught one of my pb walleye there when I was in highschool. I meant to get out and kyack it this year, but life's problems got in the way. Been probably 6-8 years since I've fished it regularly.

Rock Run is usually pretty good in the spring. Gets hit hard by summer and can be tough. Beautiful stream though.

Melvinp

Late to the thread but we still lurk. I challenge regular kayaks at 250-260 lbs depending on the time of year. My first one I ever purchased I about sank lol I have a Feelfree Lure that does just fine but I prefer the boat seat and a foot pedal.

We frequent many lakes in a 1 hour radius. I've spent YEARS on Tobyhanna as it was super close. Now Shohola looks like our new home lake, with eyes on Wallenpaupack and a large learning curve.

We know what they stock at Sweet Arrow. Be damned if it helped us catch anything there lol
Meet u on the pac it’s on the spring list

Reactions: MB3

Don

New Jersey for 2022. Hopefully Bud lake, Merrill creek res, spruce run, round valley. Mostly Warren County.

Gremcat

Is Nappy still alive?
Think A-5 met him on the river and in a fit of rage that Nappy caught the last 3 NY fish he threw Nappy in. Nappy survives in legend but through prose or reality if he still exists he’s hiding out along a small trib in NY red eyed the A-5, nah A-18 are out to get him, every cast he carefully checks over his shoulder for that seemingly unstoppable horde.

Reactions: A-5

Gremcat

Is Nappy still alive?
Think A-5 met him on the river and in a got of rage that Nappy caught the last 3 NY fish he threw Nappy in. Nappy survives in lore but through prose or reality if he still exists he’s hiding out along a small trib in NY red eyed the A-5, nah A-18 are out to get him, every cast he carefully checks over his shoulder for that seemingly unstoppable horfe

Melvinp

Y’all can drink that swill. It’s either minimum 12 year single malt or triple bottled Belgian, I ain’t easy or cheap,,,,,,,
That stuff makes the little bit of Irish in me come out I try to keep it locked up lol

Reactions: Don

Gremcat

Don309, I cover most of Eastern PA and act about like a retired guy squeezing paying work in where I have to. I’m going to be off later this coming week through New Years. If the weather isn’t favorable enough for you now I’m usually good for a few oversized trout in the spring or if Don/TC force me out onto stagnant water I can usually find an undersized biter or two.

In my defense I’m not a lure/spinner/BASS Pro guy so if God didn’t grow it I can’t throw it, at least not well. I’ve accidentally spooked fish into biting artificial but won’t try and play it cool like that’s my jam. If’n you can tolerate a bait checker let’s go fish! Travel isn’t a thing for me generally but with 4 kids, 3 still smallish Christmas might sort of clip my wings a little. I can probably squeeze in a few days travel here and there except right at the holiday.

My plan in the new year is to figure out the proper methods of bobber dogging, bottom bouncing, and jogging maybe though cutting a tiny hole to do the latter is most definitely not for me. All I want to do with ice is bust it out to steelhead fish or maybe if circumstances are good cut a big rectangle to gig a musky in the UP though I hear that’s not a single season thing, more like decades of trying and I’ve only a passing interest being an extension of a harpoon spear. Point blank harpooning is a rare obsession and I’ve been keen on spear hunting since boyhood but have yet to try beyond harpooning leviathans down south.,

Don

"Don/TC force me out onto stagnant water I can usually find an undersized biter or two." We know your needs Grem!

"proper methods of bobber dogging, bottom bouncing,"Seems like a bunch of us are trying to learn this.

Thanks for re-introducing me to the beauty of the simple and lively minnows.

Don M

[SIZE=4]Gremcat[/SIZE] I Have always fished stocked trout average size 10" to 13" and the last few years flounder. I can hold my own fishing small streams. Most times when I fish time has no meaning, I'll think I've fished 2-3 hours and It's been 4-5 hours. As for hearing your clicker no problem, I fish Mitchell reels hey click;). I won't be fishing again till spring, I'm now a fair weather guy. Travel is not a problem for me either.

Since joining you guys on this site, I plan on meeting up with some of you in the coming season. I really only have light freshwater tackle, so I'll be picking some brains, for what tackle (with pictures) to have for different types of fishing.
Getting old my rememory ;)is not what it use to be, that is why I'm trying to keep some kind of database to keep track.
Gremcat what part of the state are you from?
What is bobber dogging, and I assume bottom bouncing is jigging.

Don

Careful Don. Some of these folks are Scalawags and Pirates!
Do you think you'll go to fish the mighty flounder? I'd like to join you for that. Also I've been looking for someone to go to Peace Valley Res. with.

Last edited:

Don M

Don, the date for flounder season I believe comes out in March. I make about 12 trips a season, your more than welcome. Fair warning I'm at the inlet 15 mins. before light till about 3PM. I have rods & reels, hopefully I'll be casting sinkers by than. I'm in for Peace Valley.
The flounder trip will be right up your alley, bring a comfy chair, and just fish.

Attachments

• Aug. 27th 2020 19in.jpg
    Aug. 27th 2020 19in.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 1

Don

Flounder trip sounds fun as long as you don’t mind me catching all the keepers. 😉