Jigs and Jigheads

Don

Here is a marabou jobber on 1/8 jig, cleaner and simpler.

Attachments

• IMG_7095.jpeg
    IMG_7095.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1

Don

I like hair as I think it looks more realistic. Small one is a 1/32jig w/ Elk Flank and the bottom a 1/16th jig w/squirrel. in this case the squirrel was left way too long IMHO. IMG_7112.jpeg

Melvinp

you'll never get Z to do that!
The crinkles are nice.
I tied the one below with Calf and olive dubbing on a 1/8 ounce jig. At the last minute I decided to Palmer a brown feather...overkill
Don’t say that I watched z catch fish after fish with a hair jig that had fallen apart and all that was left was a piece of red thread lol

Reactions: Don

Don

Yesterday I chose to use lots of the hair jigs that I made up. None of the hair jigs attracted any attention except for the bare and natural 1/64 jigs tipped with 1/6th of a crawler. It seems to me that the jig helped prevent panfish from swallowing the hooks. Most were only lip hooked and easy to release. There are no Smallies not any Rockies at Gouldboro. Crappy are sizable but rare and these are the specie I would normally think would take a non-tipped hair jig.

Don

Jigheads​

I get the impression that there are many of you that have caught more fish than I have in my dreams and I dream pretty big. PA being one such person always offers challenging advice that can only be proved by going and doing. Nuanced and organized one can make their way though his ideas and benefit by applying such.

To be clear I had stated that I have never caught a fish on Swing Impact. Yesterday I tipped my large beetle jigs with them and did quite well.

Furthermore I said that 1" Gulp under a bobber didn't work for me but yesterday it did. Not for Crappy but rather for Gills. Then I added a half of a little gulp maggot and it got even better. I found the key is to keep the bobber "bobbing" and moving along the surface giving the gulp products more life-like movement.

truecrimson

And keep trying old things too. What worked today in one place won't work tomorrow or in another and what didn't work yesterday will now.

Don

Yeah there is a member at the Zebco Collectors site that is really big on Daredevil Spoons, which I like as well but don't catch enough on them. He said whenever you try something out have to figure it out. He figured out spoons. so I applied that yesterday to the 1" gulp and got them to work for me.