Jigs and Jigheads

Don

Why so light? How do you use them? I thought you fish in heavy weeds, so no more 3/4oz footballs?

A-5

I use them for steelhead the small ones I use small trout worms with them they look great

Reactions: Don

Don

Yes. That and I’m using them for plastics. So I’ll just put a couple of thread ribs on half of them that I’ll use for plastics. I like the larger hook as it will accommodate thicker minnows/swing impact and so forth.
Am I mis-judging?

Attachments

• IMG_7124.jpeg
    IMG_7124.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

Don

So this is the subject of the conversation that Melvin walked out on. These packs on 1/8 and 1/80th jigs were $5.50 each for 25 each size. I like the finer wire hook because I fish in stumps allot and they can often bend free if you use 8 or 10 lb line. I hope to tie up a bunch and also just add a thread base to others so they hold plastics better. The 1/8 size will be put with 3 and 4 “ Kieteck shiners. IMG_7143.jpeg

Melvinp

So this is the subject of the conversation that Melvin walked out on. These packs on 1/8 and 1/80th jigs were $5.50 each for 25 each size. I like the finer wire hook because I fish in stumps allot and they can often bend free if you use 8 or 10 lb line. I hope to tie up a bunch and also just add a thread base to others so they hold plastics better. The 1/8 size will be put with 3 and 4 “ Kieteck shiners. View attachment 5424
There perfect for tying hair jigs on come on man get that vise back out already.For rubber I much prefer a barbed collar or a wire bait holder at least if you’re jamming the rubber inline with the hook.

Last edited:

HenryDavid

So this is the subject of the conversation that Melvin walked out on. These packs on 1/8 and 1/80th jigs were $5.50 each for 25 each size. I like the finer wire hook because I fish in stumps allot and they can often bend free if you use 8 or 10 lb line. I hope to tie up a bunch and also just add a thread base to others so they hold plastics better. The 1/8 size will be put with 3 and 4 “ Kieteck shiners. View attachment 5424
River smallies will pull your rubber swim bait right off those hooks. I've lost several lately even with the barbed collar. They like to grab the tail, so do blue gills and perch.

Reactions: Don

Don

River smallies will pull your rubber swim bait right off those hooks. I've lost several lately even with the barbed collar. They like to grab the tail, so do blue gills and perch.
How dare them. I had great success last week with the same jig in 1/16th. And 2.5” twistytail grubs and also Kieteck 3”. Gills Crappy and LMB. One legal perch.

Don

I think I’m always s getting tailed. I can feel them. But Smallies along with current have the strength to finish the task. Currently I don’t fish streams but perhaps I will in future.