What did you Buy Today?

Gremcat

Made the trek to get the Fishpond Setup. Ordered the Umpqua cup holder online. Got lucky shelf had all kinds but the one I wanted. She was unpacking the latest shipment and I snagged the only one in it. While at the shop I grabbed a few more spools of Amnesia in various weights to dink around with as indicators for my Bro in lowlight, etc. on his spinning rod. Chatted with the lady an hour and decided on the FP thermometer too. I don’t generally fish in blistering heat but want to make an effort to track conditions when fish are feeding. FL is real proud of their thermometer being double even the Orvis model but I’m hard on stuff and the aluminum tube might buy it some longevity.FBADBCD8-C022-45C4-8849-973069E31F20.jpeg

Gremcat

I tried the thunderhead waterproof stuff out too but it was real stiff from the waterproofing, it didn’t open easy from waterproof zipper, and most importantly it didn’t slide around front to back on the belt.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get to even try out the new pack. Our youngest turned 5 and we got him a zipline I’ve been moving around to find the right slope/trees. Tomorrow it gets moved again hopefully for the last time and I’ll add a permanent Come-Along to the setup because I’ve hand tightened that long heavy wire cable for the last time LoL. Might even pull the site laser out I bought last year if I can figure out how to use it. My Bro ran it the one time we used it.

You’d think between all the tools/gadgets I have and software on my PC I’d have calculated all this out or at least glanced at instructions. Always takes 3x as long when I hurry up to finish something “quick”.

Gremcat

Got a cool hard copy of Trout of the World or something like that. I’ll try and put pics up tomorrow. I think it was written in the late 80’s maybe. Interesting read from someone who chased trout seemingly everywhere and has a good blend of fisherman’s perspective mixed with Biology. Not a dry scientific journal or only focused on trophies caught. Goes into origins a bit too. Found it at a used online book store inadvertently.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Stopped at Cabela's today and finally made a kyack decision. I went with the Ascend H10. For what I do, I think it'll work out well.

I don't know why they images loaded twice though.

Good luck with your purchase. I don't know your experience but if just starting, be safe about everything! Wear a PFD, learn and dress according to water / air temperature. There are times I do miss my kayak as I sold that when I bought a boat but I still swear, it is the most connected experience you can have with fishing. Enjoy!

Randy Z

I never posted a pic but this was my purchase for ice fishing this year. A new Rappalla shanty and buddy heater. Loved it!!! Cant wait till next year! I'll be doing a lot more ice fishing from now on! Ok it was in my basement, but you get the idea!! Hahahaha

Attachments

• 20210201_181628.jpg
    20210201_181628.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

Gremcat

And what part of it is attached to the line? I just don't understand how these are employed. A-5 hand drew an absolutely beautiful;) drawing for me once and I still didn't get it.
2 small pieces of Silicone tube added above a swivel, the float stems fit tightly into those. You can swap float sizes, etc without retying.

The SS lower stem requires less shot below to stand upright or so I hear. A-5 is the man, I’m just a dreamer with a lot of Zoom calls that give me time to surf the net too much. Someday I’ll have to go back to traveling and offices I guess. Kind of spoiled eating in my own kitchen and discovering slippers my wife got me years ago aren’t so bad. I’ve never been a slippers guy but they are sort of alright.

Reactions: A-5

Don

So your fishing in Slippers, Gosh.
So you slide two pieces of tube on then tie on the swivel and the tubes remain one above and one below the float on the stems?