What did you Catch Today?

Don

Night fishing from m the open shore. Sitting in a big man’s camp chair and the buddy is next to me. Thanks feel lucky that I’ve been in this environment now and then over the years. 64 degrees, almost full moon, 1-3 mph breeze, crackers and Pellegrino. So far as I’ve seen there is only one boat out. No one but me on shore. Caught two dink catfish and one keeper striper. Are these what u call wiper. They’re fun.

Attachments

• 33C2162F-CAD2-4917-8C3B-F5DAE0EA5BBD.jpeg
    33C2162F-CAD2-4917-8C3B-F5DAE0EA5BBD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 8BAE1F78-83AD-4E31-A46E-C15D35792000.jpeg
    8BAE1F78-83AD-4E31-A46E-C15D35792000.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 7EBE1639-95ED-4B42-AA5F-F6C70F1F5F8E.jpeg
    7EBE1639-95ED-4B42-AA5F-F6C70F1F5F8E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6

Don

I feel for your reputation…I mean being in the same rank as me. Got another Hybrid in the freezer last night. Going for perch tomorrow.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I’m taking a friend and his son out again tomorrow. I’m hoping to get those guys on that smallie bite I’ve enjoyed a few times out now. There is some spotty showers in the AM so we will have to see how that plays out with some good winds / gusts but I’ve learned to appreciate the wind, it will eventually take you to where the fish are. ;)

Don

Gouldsboro today. got there just after 10 and fished til 4. Rained and blew all day. I stuck it out and ran the normal Searching pattern. The bass was average, The one Calico and two perch were tanks within their species. One small Pickeral escaped.
MB3 my wife did not take my photo and the dog doesn't know how so below is it.

Last edited by a moderator:

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Gouldsboro today. got there just after 10 and fished til 4. Rained and blew all day. I stuck it out and ran the normal Searching pattern. The bass was average, The one Calico and two perch were tanks within their species. One small Pickeral escaped.
MB3 my wife did not take my photo and the dog doesn't know how so below is it. View attachment 4272View attachment 4273
The dog, lol. Nice take!

We got rained on for a few hours today and found a very tough bite. It appears my SM spot is lacking right now. I assume the warmer temps have those guys exploring rather than holding.

We did manage one LM just under 3lbs and another decent one, maybe 1 1/2 lbs, we didn’t weigh that one as it was typical.

Unfortunately no pics. They are of friends and I don’t like to post pics without their knowledge.

I can’t believe I am saying this but I am looking forward to cooler temps. for better predictability and to work on my jerk bait game. I bought some nice ones this year so maybe I can see those dollars disappear as quickly as my power ball ticket purchases. ;)

Don

The dog, lol. Nice take!

We got rained on for a few hours today and found a very tough bite. It appears my SM spot is lacking right now. I assume the warmer temps have those guys exploring rather than holding.

We did manage one LM just under 3lbs and another decent one, maybe 1 1/2 lbs, we didn’t weigh that one as it was typical.

Unfortunately no pics. They are of friends and I don’t like to post pics without their knowledge.

I can’t believe I am saying this but I am looking forward to cooler temps. for better predictability and to work on my jerk bait game. I bought some nice ones this year so maybe I can see those dollars disappear as quickly as my power ball ticket purchases. ;)
I used artificial most of the year and really enjoyed the challenge of it. Lotta Skunks though. Decided I’ll end the year using bait and Kieteck and it’s nice to catch fish again.
I agree that this warm water has the fish confused.

What did everyone use for lures today?

Last edited:

Don

Now that it’s fall the fish seem better for the freezer. Having sold the last of our children there is just Kim and I to feed. In the last week I’ve put up 8 or 9 great meals.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
What did everyone use for lures today?
Football jigs, Keitech, a couple of variations and some with under spins and Ned. Football jig landed the two caught.

I forgot to mention there were several sunnies caught while over our “Crappie Tree” trying to keep our young angler happy with Gulp 1” minnows.

I’m not opposed to live bait on future outings, targeting specific species but I am still ADHD Bass though I feel this year has really helped me to narrow my bait selections and even rod setups. Next year might find me chasing some other species?

Don

TS, Are the stripers I've been catching what you call Wiper? Theyre all 4-5 lbs.
Other species nah. The flip pads that I learned this year has me dreaming of July
Me too A-5. I will go back to using 10" worms over pads. I tried it for a few hours with no luck. It has to work...I just have to stick to it. As with jigs...not sure they will be in the lineup. Ned and Kieteck yes. I will also go back to 3" shad Kieteck instead of 4".

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Other species nah. The flip pads that I learned this year has me dreaming of July
I played the edge of the pads game this year and found some success. I did dedicate a day throwing my baits thick into the pads but the method has to grow on me yet I guess.