What did you Catch Today?

pabassman

Whats the best rig and bait?

Am I asking to many secrets, ahhh, I'm sorry.
I cant imagine dealing with a striper on a fly rod. The bite got tough after the weekend cold rain. Water temps down 6 to 8 degrees. The lake came up a foot too. LOTS of flooded bushes. Last night had some bait spawning but nowhere near what there should be now. There is bait in shallow but the spawning activity seems to trigger the bite. My tackle selection for this bite is pretty sparse. Clown or Chrome/blue rouges, Husky jerks, 3.8 keitechs. These on spinning rods with 10#. A walker type topwater like a spook in chrome or G finish. Before it gets dark I'll throw an A rig. I got 1 eye, 1 decent hybrid. a couple bass and 7 of the small hybrids. 20210602_015028.jpg20210602_022141.jpg

Don

I have no Idea what you're showing me on those charts. I guess you're a soothsayer or decipherer like the rest of these members. However I don't doubt you. I was hoping they were along the shoreline. A friend of mine, Dan Loux, just caught a 35 lb Striper on the Nock a few nights ago.

pabassman

I have no Idea what you're showing me on those charts. I guess you're a soothsayer or decipherer like the rest of these members. However I don't doubt you. I was hoping they were along the shoreline. A friend of mine, Dan Loux, just caught a 35 lb Striper on the Nock a few nights ago.
They are right on the shores most nights. I'm confident this next warm up will put the bait back on the spawn then call the big ones back in. Shore access is tough now. Public access around the lake is minimal. With the lake being high its almost impossible to fish from shore in most places. There are a couple spots that are clear and good areas. The bite seems to be better later, after 1am.

Reactions: Don

Don

I was thinking I could sneak around either at Nockamixon or Paupack. Would minnows do?

pabassman

I was thinking I could sneak around either at Nockamixon or Paupack. Would minnows do?
Probably. Several people net alewives. There's lot within a couple feet of the shore most nights. Around lights is best. The most exciting thing to use is a topwater. Hits are amazing and violent. Keeps you from getting stuck as your lure gets close to shore. Most people are surprised how shallow these fish get at night. Most of what we get is in 5', many in less than 2"

Don

I was at a show in Atlantic City. My Hotel room was on the Bay and on the 5th floor. I was looking almost straight down into 1-2' of water when I saw a large striper hit some bailfish. You're right, it was violent. Splashed all over.

Melvinp

Small large mouth and a golden shiner on a Kelly’s reveille jr bubble gum color no pictures so only a fish tail

Reactions: A-5