What did you Catch Today?

pabassman

As expected the little heatwave got things rolling. Really good time on the Pack last night. Water temp jumped 9 degrees in less then a week. The bait has started to come in and some starting to spawn. A good amount in shallow just milling around any lights. Ended up with second place walleye at 6.6#. First was 6.9#. Had a request for some fish so I kept a few. Got 4 walleyes, lost another good one. 5 smaller hybrids stripers and 4 really nice bass. Bite picked up about 10pm. Fish were feeding heavy. Got one with an alewife in its mouth. Livewell had a dozen alewives in it at weigh in. Only going to get better as more bait starts spawning. Winning striper was over 13#. 20210523_100008.jpg

Last edited:

Gremcat

A few fatties! The new creek has a hatchery in the park in town with quarter machines. Fish weigh about 2x what even the private dock fish do! Think the 22” range hit 6.5 lbs. 18” are around 3.5 lbs. Landed two, 21” and 18.5”, lost one, watched about a hundred in various spots. Pretty slow bite and random but when they hit it’s pretty intense. Think I don’t like stretchy nets, the bigger the fish, the more it stretches making them appear smaller, LOL. Maybe I need a minnow net for pics.D858D317-4800-4859-9F2E-0B8E4EB86B75.jpeg

Gremcat

They stock over 1000 and many many hit 26-27”, I just don’t get those ones myself lol. The pic a few weeks back of the enormously wide rainbow in the net was there too. Pretty skinny water for so many brutes but fun. My favorite creek is sort of a bust this year so I’m branching out.

Don

Grem, Always willing to help. I have a suggestion. Lets make a trade.......My net would make your fish look GARGANTUAN LOL.

Melvinp

They stock over 1000 and many many hit 26-27”, I just don’t get those ones myself lol. The pic a few weeks back of the enormously wide rainbow in the net was there too. Pretty skinny water for so many brutes but fun. My favorite creek is sort of a bust this year so I’m branching out.
You no that all those trout pictures are killing me the state didn’t stock as many fish as you’ve taken pictures of up my way lol kinda.That dock is a killer nice congrats

Don

PABassman. Where are you at on the lake now. Are the strippers and wallet all done.