What did you Catch Today?

Don

Well it will be fun to upgrade someday. In the meantime I'm learning ever so much more with what I have. Thanks for the help. That video was very educational.

truecrimson

Don, think of it as a piece of paper. Fold it down the line in the middle. Then fold it out where the color starts, like the wings on a paper airplane.

truecrimson

The video was cool but the old fashioned sonar still mystifies me. Nothing on mine ever looks like what they show in videos and pictures. Remember before I posted a bunch of pics of my screen and got more confused than ever by the answers?

• Haha
Reactions: Don

Don

Me to but I'm Startin to get it. Think of it as a piece of paper.....a dollar bill, Just keep throwing one of them after the next after the next year after year and now you understand boating.

pabassman

I've been spending a decent amount of my fishing playing around with and learning the livescope. Those that say it takes time to learn are correct! This is not plug n play tech but I'm catching on. I know of a few good brushpiles and was able to get on one. Those are crappies around the brush. Some arent there anymore :cool:.IMG_0210.jpegimage_67224833.JPG

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Missed one and “reeled” 2 LM today for a quick jaunt to my local reservoir. I state reeled because both popped off getting them through branches so I can’t technically say caught.

All were in the same spot on a brush pile at the waters edge near a culvert. No other bites to be found in the cove. The cove is the first place they make their appearance on this small reservoir every year so I’m thinking we are about 2 weeks out before it is game on.

Chasing Stripers tomorrow in Raritan Bay for our first salt trip of the year, can’t wait!!

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Striper fishing was a success Saturday on Raritan Bay. We purposely started late and dipped in just before 9am so the sun could heat things up. We checked a few of our known holding spots hoping to find some early males but they were not to be found there. As luck would have it, we found them near the lighthouse. It was almost like a beacon was drawing us to them. LOL

lh.jpg

For Mid-March and the first trip of the year, it was a great day and we boated a dozen of these guys.

IMG_2694.jpeg

As you can see in the pics, the water was slick calm until the tide changed a little after 1pm but even then, it was still nice.

123_1.jpeg

Most were in the 29"-33" range with one 24"ish in the mix and a couple of 34s".

123_1.jpeg

Birds and bait were already plentiful, an early start for them this year for sure. The fish smashed our paddle tails like freight trains and took us on a couple of unexpected runs. Everything running a little ahead this year.

The cold front this week should calm them down a little though we already have plans to be out there right after this front passes. Can't wait!

A-5

Here is a pic I've shared before. An entire foundation. You can see pods of fish. Somw in the foundation frme, some scattered/suspended just off of it under the boat

View attachment 6000
The “road” is still portraying fish. It basically the center line of the transducer. The fish are gold in the black. Your still marking fish

Blackcat Outdoors

Striper fishing was a success Saturday on Raritan Bay. We purposely started late and dipped in just before 9am so the sun could heat things up. We checked a few of our known holding spots hoping to find some early males but they were not to be found there. As luck would have it, we found them near the lighthouse. It was almost like a beacon was drawing us to them. LOL

View attachment 6014

For Mid-March and the first trip of the year, it was a great day and we boated a dozen of these guys.

View attachment 6015

As you can see in the pics, the water was slick calm until the tide changed a little after 1pm but even then, it was still nice.

View attachment 6016

View attachment 6017

Birds and bait were already plentiful, an early start for them this year for sure. The fish smashed our paddle tails like freight trains and took us on a couple of unexpected runs. Everything running a little ahead this year.

The cold front this week should calm them down a little though we already have plans to be out there right after this front passes. Can't wait!
This might be an odd question, but how do you like that aftco hoodie? Finding decent fleece layers in a "big guy" size kinda sucks sometimes and I see they go all the way to 5x.

Reactions: A-5

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
This might be an odd question, but how do you like that aftco hoodie? Finding decent fleece layers in a "big guy" size kinda sucks sometimes and I see they go all the way to 5x.
Love it. I have the hoodie and the jacket. That one in the pic is the jacket. 45 degrees or more, it does the job perfectly and blocks wind as good as anything I’ve ever owned.

Don

View attachment 6014

View attachment 6015

View attachment 6016

View attachment 6017

Melvinp

View attachment 6014

View attachment 6015

View attachment 6016

View attachment 6017

Sweet

Reactions: Don