What did you Catch Today?

Melvinp

Is that the mighty Tunhancock Bay. If not then what is all that water from?
Is that the mighty Tunhancock Bay. If not then what is all that water from?
just one little spot on the Tunkhannock Creek couldn’t take the new guy to all the secret spots on the first meeting lol

Don

Yes, fish are friends! That’s why I have them join me for dinner so often. I’m especially fond of the Pan family.

Don

Why are they too large? Is it tippet related? Or is it a handling issue of this larger fish. It seems to me that when I watch centerpin videos they are more or less dragging in or horsing the fish in. it looks a bit different than any other method.

Don

I see, so its drag related, Catching these fishies is a drag.
So for Salmon most folks are using large spinning Rigs? What weight line and tippet(leader)?

josey12340

I use a fly rod mostly but it is not fly fishing. It's really just chuck and duck. Spinning rod I use 15 pound mono and somewhere between 6 and 12 pound floro leader depending on how line shy they are.

Don

Line shy? Really! fish that big being line shy? Thats amazing. 15lb mono must be like catching 6lb bass on two pound test. Amazing.

Reactions: A-5

Melvinp

Line shy? Really! fish that big being line shy? Thats amazing. 15lb mono must be like catching 6lb bass on two pound test. Amazing.
Very line shy watched many monster fish drop to the bottom let the line float over them then raise back up