What did you Catch Today?

Don

I didn't know you Salmon fished. Who else in this group?

Its funny that 25 years ago there were two or three guy I worked with at Lafayette college that went up there every year. They would visit around to find out who wants salmon for their freezer and each of us would get a nice slab or so the next week. Always made me jealous that they were so sure of catching something that they'd make such offers.

josey12340

There are times can't hook up a fish. Go to real small leader and hook up all the time. Of course not landing any but your getting them on!

Reactions: Don

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I returned to Blue Marsh today, the lake that I know how to fish lol. Felt especially good though with the meager results I’ve been having on Nockamixon but I’ll turn that around soon enough I’m sure.

Double digits on these guys, all coming from the jig shown in the pic.

8FF91537-0A9B-43D6-9A3C-2F6153D427F0.jpeg

And the winner of the day. I’m lousy at guessing weight so your guess is probably better than mine. ;). I really need to buy a scale.

A13F462C-643E-4172-9ED8-3F410AC0327F.jpeg

A-5

I use 12lb trilene big games. With a 12 lb viscous fluro leader. Snell and a egg. Sinker to suit

A-5

Don TS owned a site called Salmontime. It’s why we are here today some here met on that site. Trout spinner also sold very nice spinners years ago. He’s talented

Don

I returned to Blue Marsh today, the lake that I know how to fish lol. Felt especially good though with the meager results I’ve been having on Nockamixon but I’ll turn that around soon enough I’m sure.

Double digits on these guys, all coming from the jig shown in the pic.

View attachment 1426

And the winner of the day. I’m lousy at guessing weight so your guess is probably better than mine. ;). I really need to buy a scale.

View attachment 1427
How is the Crappy fishing at blue marsh?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
How is the Crappy fishing at blue marsh?

I did not try for them today but last time that I did try for them at BM, maybe a month ago? I could not find any takers. In general though, it is an excellent crappie fishery and part of Pa’s Panfish Enhancement program.

Don

I like'em 11-13. While I'm sure theyre there I never heard anyone brag about them from Galena or Nockamixon. BM is a beautiful lake.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I like'em 11-13. While I'm sure theyre there I never heard anyone brag about them from Galena or Nockamixon. BM is a beautiful lake.
Lake Ontelaunee is “The Lake” everyone in the area talks about often. Many Crappie in the upper teens and someone always posts a 20”er every year.

truecrimson

Some more of these guys this past Sunday on the Swattie

20210815_124447.jpg

Also some sunfish, Cubs, fall fish. Lots of missed strikes and hookups that threw it before I could get them in too. More camera trouble. Finally took the phone out of the dry pouch and thank God I never dropped it.

7 hours on the creek. Some kay-hiking. I want to try a couple of the runs further down the Creek but my schedule verses the itinerary of Cocoa kayaks has not worked out so far.