What did you Catch Today?

Gremcat

Taper is for my homemade shooting line so to speak. I run a flat taper fly line as a head. Lately playing with 12” amnesia section to give me some visibility in low light or above float now that I’m running a camo style hollow mono on my centerpin. Thinking of trying it on spinning rods to give better low light viz. Not great at low profile knots yet. Still sorting all that out.

Gremcat

It seems like a short leader. When I watched your musically supported video I saw that your floats are, what appears to be anyway, 6 feet from hook. Why not use the leader material that long. Pretty cool set-ups. Just thought the leader would be longer. Nice work !
Oh, when you say blue label May I assume you mean Seguar?
Is there any reason or any difference to use floro line for leader or must it say leader on the label? Is there a diff btwn line vs leader?
Use heavier for shot line. I constantly adjust my shot on fly and spinning rod. Centerpin I'm still sorting but I prefer to lose leader and hook over shot line or worse still float. I use Float on heavier mainline, shot line is 8 lbs ish. Leader is 4-6 for steelhead. That helps break at leader. Tapering smooth shot and getting it right is still an experiment for me. Once I match it correctly I really hate to lose my shot line.

A-5

6lb STS I used last week it was horrible. Maybe a bad batch. But it was sooooo bad I had to run back to A.S.S and get blue label. Then I started landing fish

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
OMG! I can catch fish!

I hit up Blue Marsh again today. They are not in spawn mode yet but they are real close to it. I found nothing biting on the banks but I was able to put together a pattern, finding them on structure in creek channels and weeds at transitions. I caught 4 Largemouth, a little disappointing but the Smallies made up for it nicely, catching in the teens on them. Ned rig was the ticket today but I did catch a few on Senko. I only generated one bite with a jig and nothing with a swimbait, which I found odd.

Maybe my jinx is over! LOL

LM Winner of the Day

IMG_1745.jpeg

SM Winner of the Day

IMG_1748.jpeg

Notice the blood on the smallies mouth, it wasn't his, it was mine! He just din't want to cooperate so I got a little aggressive and the hook caught me right at the edge of the nail on my middle finger. I bled well, LOL. Fishes Revenge!

Bootfoot

Hit the river today and fished between 9:30 am and 2:30 PM. That’s it, the fish are all gone so I’m selling the boat and I’m driving 5 hours to freeze my ass off standing shoulder to shoulder in NY to catch little fish. Just kidding, I like fishing 20 minutes from the door, even if we don’t have any fish to catch. We did okay today, put 10 in the boat from 20 to 42” and lost 4 others one of which looked to be another 40+ fish. I broke from my tradition of not taking pictures of fish because this fish had a world class girth And my buddy wanted a pic. Note that the fish is laying across his chest and not extended way out in front. World class picture as well. Bad news is, my buddy caught the big one. Oh well, maybe next time.

Attachments

• 9E1FB508-C992-434C-9470-68919962FD59.jpeg
    9E1FB508-C992-434C-9470-68919962FD59.jpeg
    708.8 KB · Views: 12

Don

Notice the blood on the smallies mouth, it wasn't his, it was mine! He just din't want to cooperate so I got a little aggressive and the hook caught me right at the edge of the nail on my middle finger. I bled well, LOL. Fishes Revenge!
Eating size.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Hit the river today and fished between 9:30 am and 2:30 PM. That’s it, the fish are all gone so I’m selling the boat and I’m driving 5 hours to freeze my ass off standing shoulder to shoulder in NY to catch little fish. Just kidding, I like fishing 20 minutes from the door, even if we don’t have any fish to catch. We did okay today, put 10 in the boat from 20 to 42” and lost 4 others one of which looked to be another 40+ fish. I broke from my tradition of not taking pictures of fish because this fish had a world class girth And my buddy wanted a pic. Note that the fish is laying across his chest and not extended way out in front. World class picture as well. Bad news is, my buddy caught the big one. Oh well, maybe next time.
Wow! Look how stuffed that fish is. awesome!!

Bootfoot

Wow! Look how stuffed that fish is. awesome!!
ive been stripper fishing for a long time in salt and fresh and this was by far the fattest fish I’ve ever seen. Not the longest but the fattest. Lots of herring still in river and even the small stripers were puking up 9” herring.

Attachments

• 91EAFDAB-E809-4D74-B9A3-EAB8AE3ED057.jpeg
    91EAFDAB-E809-4D74-B9A3-EAB8AE3ED057.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

A-5

ive been stripper fishing for a long time in salt and fresh and this was by far the fattest fish I’ve ever seen. Not the longest but the fattest. Lots of herring still in river and even the small stripers were puking up 9” herring.
This is a family forum 👀hahahahahah

Reactions: Don

Don

I inherited one of these Rebel Craws. They appear very unconvincing. Are they a deep lure? Do you work them or play them with the current?