What did you Catch Today?

Blackcat Outdoors

I had terrible luck this weekend.
1. My phone/camera mount on the kyack broke on my way out. I hadn't even used it yet, so filming for the most part was completely a wash.

2. The new LEWS rod/reel didn't preform like I was hoping for this. Not sure if it was the lighter baits I was throwing or user error, but I could not get it adjusted right. It was either backlash city or would only cast 20ft. Almost completely useless.

3 that left me with one rod that was working and it's not what I would normally consider ideal for throwing the baits I wanted to use. Left me with small spoons and crank baits that no fish seemed to think were as attractive as I evidently do.

4. My own fault:. I fought the good fight against a case of IPA's in camp Saturday night and I apparently lost. Took the great majority down with me, but woke up feeling like someone beat me with golf club and tap danced on my head. Made me one cranky kitty with all the other BS going on. 😂

Was a beautiful day though, so there was that. 😉
IMG_20220605_121651222.jpg

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
1. My phone/camera mount on the kyack broke on my way out. I hadn't even used it yet, so filming for the most part was completely a wash.

2. The new LEWS rod/reel didn't preform like I was hoping for this. Not sure if it was the lighter baits I was throwing or user error, but I could not get it adjusted right. It was either backlash city or would only cast 20ft. Almost completely useless.

3 that left me with one rod that was working and it's not what I would normally consider ideal for throwing the baits I wanted to use. Left me with small spoons and crank baits that no fish seemed to think were as attractive as I evidently do.

4. My own fault:. I fought the good fight against a case of IPA's in camp Saturday night and I apparently lost. Took the great majority down with me, but woke up feeling like someone beat me with golf club and tap danced on my head. Made me one cranky kitty with all the other BS going on. 😂

View attachment 3472
That looks like a heck of a view, well worth the troubles.

Don

View attachment 3472
You poor man. Not a good day this time out. I’m sure you made the best of it.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
that’s working from home for you.
I can’t tell you how much that irks me, just an indication of the larger issues at hand due to Covid. I won’t go further on that as it would just lead to politics. ;)

On the bright side….oddly. A California judge is allowing a lawsuit to go through for Amazon employees to be reimbursed for electric and internet expenses incurred during the Covid shutdowns. I knew people would get greedy and do this. Forget about the time and gas money saved from not having to goto the office. Lol. It won’t take long for employers to catch wind of this lawsuit and demand everyone return back to work full time in the office.

truecrimson

Those larger issues were already present. The lock downs just brought them out.

I feel like a sucker. I worked 2 to 3 jobs throughout the whole thing just like I did before (Heck I have jobs like A-5 has kids ;) ). I should have taken off and collected that extra $600 a week.

One of the nurses here already pushed my political buttons to day so I am going to go stick my head in the ice machine and cool off before I get too wound up :mad::mad::mad: