What did you Catch Today?

Don

YESTERDAY! Skunked. Gouldsboro is closing up. Still lots of open water down at the end but I forgot the trolling motor yesterday and I wasn’t feeling inspire, in the heat, to tie all the way down there. I’ll switch it up a little with other nice lakes until October or November.

Don M

Good day today, at Manasquan inlet Point pleasant! Caught 27 fluke, 25 throw backs and 2 keepers. 17" kept it because it had some meat on it, and an 18 1/2". On ice tonight , an in the pan tomorrow night.

Attachments

• 2 keepers.jpg
    2 keepers.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 4

Don

Good day today, at Manasquan inlet Point pleasant! Caught 27 fluke, 25 throw backs and 2 keepers. 17" kept it because it had some meat on it, and an 18 1/2". On ice tonight , an in the pan tomorrow night.
Tasty!!!! Better year this year!

Reactions: A-5

Solitario Lupo

Sounds like a great day. Even better meal for all that hard work.

Reactions: Don

Gremcat

Hot and hotter! Luckily managed to catch the two fish on my list. Not season for sails or tuna and guide wanted no part of me trying to hook the 1k lbs bull shark that kept sniping our yellowtail. I was eyeing his bigger rods but closest was rigged for the chance encounter of a Marlin or sailfish.

Had a king bite me off. Had a random wahoo hit an outrigger ballyhoo feather we dragged behind us in wake but missed hook by 1” and bit off 3/4 of the ballyhoo.