What did you Catch Today?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I stopped at my local reservoir to see bass everywhere doing their thing yesterday afternoon. I didn’t target them but I won’t lie, when you reel your bait in you always want to see how they react when your bait passes by. As expected, nothing! They have one thing on their mind. ;)

In hopes to find some who were actively feeding deeper, no luck. Unlike last year, it seems like pre-spawn feeding was skipped this year. Of course they fed at some point but not on any of my prior visits.

Time to shift to boating for me. Salt tomorrow for Stripers and I know my buddy has a hankering to chase some tuna reports. Hopefully I’ll be back in my boat late next week to chase bass.

pabassman

Screenshot 2024-04-27 10.24.14 AM.png

Was out Tuesday and did well. The graph pics are from that trip. Found an area loaded with big crappies, hundreds!!!!. I ended up keeping a dozen. Threw back at least that many with a 15+" in the mix. A buddy was on the lake so I called him over and left the school to him. He got about twenty fish too. Found another spot with a good amount of fish too. Went again yesterday and did pretty good. The fish were in the same area but the bite was a bit slower, much more finicky. Like TS saw, they too are getting closer to the spawn and getting weird. Yesterday was very possibly my last day chasing them. Time to change to night eyes n stripers!!

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Some beauties there for sure @pabassman

I remember many years ago running into a school of crappie like that on Green Lane Reservoir, by pure luck. Two friends and I were catching them on every cast. We even got to a point where we had a challenge, who could bring their line in without catching one. Talk about fun!