We all need to meet somewhere!!!

Blackcat Outdoors

I'm fine if we switch to Mauch Chunk. It's about the same distance, if not a little closer for me. Won't change my prospects one way or the other.

What's our time frame for meeting up. There's a chance even if I have to work, I might be able to swing out later if guys are still there.

Don

Oh, I'm happy with anytime. I was thinking some of you may want to go to church in AM. Then have lunch with their fam and then drive to the lake. But I'll be there whenever you all decide.

Don

Yes it is and its shadier there. with good restrooms. and cleaner, deeper water.

truecrimson

Well those of us there earlier can fish and those who need to go to church and lunch with family can come later.

Gremcat

I live 5 mins away and have been to the lake exactly 2x. Once we hiked into check creek at outflow. Second time this year kids took me to the beach. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll figure it out though. Gotta leave this page open so I can tell the boss. Long as coast is clear I can bring the pizzas if thatā€™s the way everyone wants to go. Just need to know if Gaetanos is good, types everyone likes, and most important how many. I used to buy them every week for the Youth Group kids but my est. May be off. It was Julios and I think we had almost a full pizza per teen lol.

Gremcat

If Iā€™m there in the AM Iā€™ll probably be hitting the creek first. Finally some water even if the trout are down to 14ā€“5ā€ remaining.

Gremcat

Plus I realized this past week, I have 0 lake fishing stuff now really. Poles I can make work but Iā€™m a bait guy all day long. Guessing like anywhere hurl a Minnow/shiner and everything from large brim, crappie, pickerel, and bass will come to dinner.

Gremcat

Church isnā€™t open to Sunday School and itā€™s still limited to some in person and mostly streaming.

Last edited:

A-5

Don. Can you post a official exact place you guys are meeting so if someone wants to go they can have the correct info?

Gremcat

Maybe a Roster with Head Count to for pizzas. Iā€™ll probably run back to town to pickup so they are hot but if the plan is to eat soon after folks show Iā€™ll have to pickup just before everyone shows. Iā€™ll buy for the group unless A-5 has extended family show and they each have a half dozen teens, lol. Who am I kidding Iā€™d still buy. Itā€™ll be good to meet people. Told the Warden already so Iā€™m cleared.

Last edited:
Reactions: A-5

truecrimson

I live 5 mins away and have been to the lake exactly 2x. Once we hiked into check creek at outflow. Second time this year kids took me to the beach. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll figure it out though. Gotta leave this page open so I can tell the boss. Long as coast is clear I can bring the pizzas if thatā€™s the way everyone wants to go. Just need to know if Gaetanos is good, types everyone likes, and most important how many. I used to buy them every week for the Youth Group kids but my est. May be off. It was Julios and I think we had almost a full pizza per teen lol.

I just called Gaetanos. There is no dairy in the crust, so one pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms and no cheese please. My wife is planning to come if she feels up to it. Won't know for sure until that morning, but she has a dairy allergy.

If Iā€™m there in the AM Iā€™ll probably be hitting the creek first. Finally some water even if the trout are down to 14ā€“5ā€ remaining.
OK, I'd love to join you for that. It isn't often I get to fish with others, and I am eager to learn.

Plus I realized this past week, I have 0 lake fishing stuff now really. Poles I can make work but Iā€™m a bait guy all day long. Guessing like anywhere hurl a Minnow/shiner and everything from large brim, crappie, pickerel, and bass will come to dinner.
I use the same stuff for lakes, ponds, creeks. I'm currently listening to Zane Grey's Tales of Fresh Water Fishing. It is striking how much different equipment they use. And how often they break or ruin rods. But bait will work anywhere.

Gremcat

I just called Gaetanos. There is no dairy in the crust, so one pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms and no cheese please. My wife is planning to come if she feels up to it. Won't know for sure until that morning, but she has a dairy allergy.

OK, I'd love to join you for that. It isn't often I get to fish with others, and I am eager to learn.

I use the same stuff for lakes, ponds, creeks. I'm currently listening to Zane Grey's Tales of Fresh Water Fishing. It is striking how much different equipment they use. And how often they break or ruin rods. But bait will work anywhere.
Thatā€™s why I use it. If they donā€™t hit live twitchy bait they wonā€™t hit much else.

Iā€™ll fish with you but youā€™ll have to be sworn to secrecy lol. The creek is pretty small but if flow stays decent itā€™ll be close to perfect minus the 20ā€+ fish it holds in spring. Realistic expectations would be 14-15ā€ max size.

Gremcat

Secrecy on my wacky methods not the location. There are a few hidden gems there and a few seemingly perfect holes that just never hold fish. Mostly working the bottom of the fast runs under any log jams is usually the best method. I doubt itā€™ll drop to 0 flow in a few days. Yesterday was too high honestly but I plan to hit it a few times this week on various sections.

Don

I am anxious to meet everyone. Let say to meet in the pavilion at three at the Lauch TC posted above. I'll be deep fishing with Spincasters and hitting the shallower areas with Fly rod. Its a great place with 6-8' of water clarity. Big Gills and perch with lots of Medium LMB. Any legal Pickerel go to me!
I hope to leave Easton around 10 or 11AM. You'll notice my boat and I'll be trolling on the wind until I locate them. Then I anchor. I'll be at the Pavilion at three. I'm on the road today, thurs and Fri. A-5 has my number and is welcome to relay it to anyone. Pizza sounds great I'll bring Ice and Pellegrino.

Head count?
Wives welcome but mine will hide so I cant find and take her.