So I’ll keep Head Count/food:
TC: 2 pepperoni, mushroom, no cheese
Don: 1 any pizza they’ve leftover
MB3: 2 maybe
Black Cat : ? maybe
A-5: Working to support the rest of us
Melvin: Rather be working with A-5 vs. Tuna Canned
SL: ?
RandyZ: Instigated this and hasn’t committed,,,,,, might need to bring me a rod to use

Anyone I’m missing? If no one is anxious to eat immediately I can run to town once everyone shows. Probably save me some embarrassment demonstrating my fishing prowess anyway. It’s only a 5-10 min trip depending on tourism and schools starting so hopefully it’s manageable. Normally slows a bit from now until Foliage season. Not that anything is normal now. Worst case, I know all the alt routes to avoid traffic.

truecrimson

So I’ll keep Head Count/food:

MB3: 2 maybe
Black Cat : ? maybe
A-5: Working to support the rest of us
Melvin: Rather be working with A-5 vs. Tuna Canned
SL: ?
RandyZ: Instigated this and hasn’t committed,,,,,, might need to bring me a rod to use

Anyone I’m missing? If no one is anxious to eat immediately I can run to town once everyone shows. Probably save me some embarrassment demonstrating my fishing prowess anyway. It’s only a 5-10 min trip depending on tourism and schools starting so hopefully it’s manageable. Normally slows a bit from now until Foliage season. Not that anything is normal now. Worst case, I know all the alt routes to avoid traffic.
Did Wadman make the jump here?

Don

This is easy Grem. Any rod and reel combo longer than 1' and with 4, 6, 8 or 10lb line on it. This lake is especially good for Spinning and spincast gear. That Johnson with 4 or 6 line would rock. I'll have spares and I bet others will as well. I hope to be launched by 11Am.
Sol lives a long way off but if we had a few of these get-to-gethers I bet he'd attend them here or there.

Gremcat

Don’t worry about me Don. You guys go and have fun. 😢😭🤘
SL, we might could evict the renter from our vacation rental for you to overnight sometime. Sleeps 4 if your friendly, Queen bed with a Queen Sleeper sofa in a shared bed/living room. Total space is something like 1200 Sq Ft with private driveway and custom kitchen.

Solitario Lupo

Thanks I’ll keep that in mind but I don’t want to kick anyone out. Like don said let’s see how this one goes and I might be able to make a couple here and there. Good luck guys.

Gremcat

Posting here since I broke something. This is MC Creek a few days ago. I’ll post the low water pics too. There were about a dozen 13-15” trout in each tiny pool when it dried up. They either are in the fast water, washed to the Lehigh, or the predators picked them off(2 and 4 leg). I fished it in the less productive spots quick a few days ago and caught 4 missing 4-6 others. It was a little too fast honestly but should settle in nicely by the weekend if it doesn’t recede too low. Water changes fast there but I suspect the lake outlet and springs that feed it have enough water surge to keep it flowing a little while.

Gremcat

I didn’t get a pic but the popular Dam in my last pic was much closer to flat 2 days ago. I plan to “scout” before Sunday so I can update. They didn’t have the 20”+ stocking for the youth derby so biggest I landed this year in May was 18”. Years past you might hit a 22-24” in a log jam making it an interesting challenge.

Gremcat

This is easy Grem. Any rod and reel combo longer than 1' and with 4, 6, 8 or 10lb line on it. This lake is especially good for Spinning and spincast gear. That Johnson with 4 or 6 line would rock. I'll have spares and I bet others will as well. I hope to be launched by 11Am.
Sol lives a long way off but if we had a few of these get-to-gethers I bet he'd attend them here or there.

I’m just teasing Randy. I’ve probably got something I can use. I have 4 others that don’t fit or are in my 2 rod backpack setup. If I remember I can bring the trout sized centerpin for you to try out. I’m struggling with it more than a full 14’ rod so might have the bigger rod setup as well. I’m still tweaking the 9’ 5 and 6 wt St Croix rods so probably carry my special 5wt Imperial instead.A5CFA0B3-4678-4DF8-B7D8-FB0F64E06A19.jpeg

Last edited:

Gremcat

If there’s brim close enough to shore I can get the cricket keeper filled and bring the Brim Buster. It’s a Carbon Fiber esque cane pole that’s 12-15’. You just tie off your line to the tip top and there’s no reel. Freaking blast to use for crappie, big shell cracker, and the random bass. Like a massive noodle lol

Gremcat

In the south about every gas station sells crickets. I’ve not seen any here but Petsmarts 35 mins away. Nothing seems to like the preserved crickets either. I also use a bait trap and catch tiny brim to use on it. That’s the secret to big brim in NC farm ponds.

Blackcat Outdoors

I'm gonna be a game time decision for Sunday. My wife is having some health issues and I may have work. I'm just gonna have to wait and see how everything is that day. I'll post up here when I know for sure.

Gremcat

Pretty water nice
If you look at the cut tree stump tipped into the creek in the drought pic and the current you can really see the difference rain makes there. I don’t think Sunday will be a low water issue. It’s pouring again. The lightening and a late start eliminated my time to check it tonight but I’ll probably drive up tomorrow. I built another hybrid line I hope I like better. Not super thrilled with the heat shrink loop on this one. It was my last loop and May have been last due to size. It’s splicing Slick Shooter to a flat taper 5wt 15’ “head” so to speak. Just struggled getting knots I liked in general tonight. I started using Knot sense which seems to smooth transitions but adds a bit of bulk as well. Always fiddling with something though. A regular intermediate 5wf is fine honestly and if I chopped a few feet of the sink tip it would be perfect.

Don

Sunday @ 3, no crickets.

All the small brim will be onshore with the biggin's out in the deep water. Worms work. I bought a bunch of beetle spins and will play. The best colors had been Black in the evening and chartreuse or yellow during day.