What did you Buy Today?

Don

You really suck! Not because of the nice gear....but because you have so many birthdays every year....lol, Congrats. I wish I could've gone with you. Instead I went to the Alpha NJ show which is sponsored by the Delaware River Shad Fishermens Club. I picked up allot of loose spoons and willow blades for small Beetles and Jigs. Then, since I use only Spincast reels these days, I was able to get a couple used M/L rods for them. Really fun to be out with the club members and I hope to join some day. No nice stuff for me until I can preserve it better on board the boat.

Don

I also got one of these to use on TC. This way we know when he is bragging. Langley was the most famous west coast reel company on the West Coast. In 1962 Zebco Bought them out in order to acquire the spinning reel line. They also picked up the De-Lier scale and measure. Just something I collect.

Attachments

• tempImageNgADRC.png
    tempImageNgADRC.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • tempImagedBAe4e.png
    tempImagedBAe4e.png
    1 MB · Views: 3

Don

Mike is young...he still has time to grow up.
I found good deals on Brass Willow shaped spinners and will re-plenish some of my Spins. The spoons will likely be used in fall and maybe this April. 1/32 jighheads for April panfish. Everything has its season. This will be a fun year.

Attachments

• tempImagedWoMTV.png
    tempImagedWoMTV.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • tempImage2rzgxB.png
    tempImage2rzgxB.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
  • tempImagesuH8Ja.png
    tempImagesuH8Ja.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • tempImageyneNLk.png
    tempImageyneNLk.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I also got one of these to use on TC. This way we know when he is bragging. Langley was the most famous west coast reel company on the West Coast. In 1962 Zebco Bought them out in order to acquire the spinning reel line. They also picked up the De-Lier scale and measure. Just something I collect.
That’s some neat stuff and an interesting history I was not aware of.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
You really suck! Not because of the nice gear....but because you have so many birthdays every year....lol, Congrats. I wish I could've gone with you. Instead I went to the Alpha NJ show which is sponsored by the Delaware River Shad Fishermens Club. I picked up allot of loose spoons and willow blades for small Beetles and Jigs. Then, since I use only Spincast reels these days, I was able to get a couple used M/L rods for them. Really fun to be out with the club members and I hope to join some day. No nice stuff for me until I can preserve it better on board the boat.
I do get the spoils for fishing no doubt. My wife even got me some nice fishing goodies too!

I will say though, other than working, my life is fishing. I don’t let work rule my life and I do my best to be a great husband and father, it’s an honest life and my family gives me a lot of breathing room because of it.

Don

Last summer I had to come out of my shell and just say it. No more vaca’s for me unless the theme and primary activities are fishing centric. I didn’t do it well but will get better at it. If I have to go on one more worthless hike or visit one more shop I think I’ll be sick. I will no longer tell or ask loved ones any more than where I’m fishing and when is dinner. They’ll still find me in all their favorite places but I’ll be on the water.

Don

Don did you see the new zebco’s
Yes. I just bought two, the top one and middle one. They have the 5.1/1 gear ration and I will be using them for faster lures. Running Sufiix “Advance Copolymer” line. Can’t wait for April.

I also have the old style of the bottom one and at 3.4/1 it is more limited. Basic beetle spins and Texas rig/Carolina.

Unless DonM takes me floundering I’ll likely not use a spinning reel this year. Spincast, baitcast and maybe Fly.

Last edited:

Don M

So I've been seeing Temu.com, on Facebook a lot. so I googled it to see if it was legit, it is. So I tried them out looks like its from China, but really cheap. I bought a suction handle for the shower $4.60, wifes hip is healing, and bluetooth ear buds $14.50. And was happy with both, got here in about a week. So I ordered these squid for flounder $3.14, does anyone else think they would use them, how about you troutspinner? Oh all free shipping.

Attachments

• Luminous squid .jpg
    Luminous squid .jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 2

Don

My Stable is full. I saw glowing curly tail grubs at the swap meet yesterday. Almost. But not on the list yet. Glad to hear your wife is improving.

Last edited:

truecrimson

I've been seeing those temu ads on yootoob too. I already got all the full auto switches and solvent traps I need off wish so I didn't check them out ;)

Glad your wife is doing well.

Let us know how the squids work.

Reactions: Don