What did you Catch Today?

Gremcat

That is great PA. I just got off the water. 6 cats 3-5lbs. One is going home to stay overnight at my house. Caught two giant N. Pike but couldn’t land them. Net is too small. Next time I’ll be ready.
Should have grab them by their tales like a real man. :p😁;) Proper gear always helps. Couldn’t have pulled some them big fish in if I didn’t have a net to fit them even then they see that net and will take off gotta keep the net out of water. Plus be fast about scooping them up.
I tried grabbing em by the mouth like Dad did. He hand monster hands with calluses on calluses. I do not,,,,,still got the scars 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Don

Don

How bout one of them bass pro style shots like I supplied?
I really liked those hair jigs so I painted some up and will do some simple ties. 1/64th through 1/4. IMG_7077.jpeg
That was allot of Sally Hanson insta-dri!

Solitario Lupo

I tried grabbing em by the mouth like Dad did. He hand monster hands with calluses on calluses. I do not,,,,,still got the scars 😂
Lol I picked up a small one grab it close to the mouth at the time didn’t feel nothing but when I looked at the fish it had blood all over it than realized my thumb was sliced open. Don’t get close to the teeth. :)

Don

Lol I picked up a small one grab it close to the mouth at the time didn’t feel nothing but when I looked at the fish it had blood all over it than realized my thumb was sliced open. Don’t get close to the teeth. :)
YES and with cuts so small and so precise you can't even hardly see where the blood is coming from. Bloodied my whole drift boat one time, didn't earlier he got me.

Don

So 1/8 will be heavy enough to fish in still water 25’ deep as long as it doesn’t have too much feather or other junk tied to it. I just read to keep hair and/or feathers thin.

Melvinp

So 1/8 will be heavy enough to fish in still water 25’ deep as long as it doesn’t have too much feather or other junk tied to it. I just read to keep hair and/or feathers thin.
Move this to lure making and I’ll give you info on the little I know about it.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Great bite of Sea Bass today outside of Sandy Hook. We have a spot we found a few years ago while returning from the Sea Girt Reef to Sandy Hook that has never disappointed us. We kept our limits and weeded through maybe 80 others?? A couple of small fluke in the mix and one surprising good sized Tog that were all released.

All caught on a deadly dick for my buddy and a Hogey Epoxy Jig for me.

Conditions getting back at 5pm were terrible! The inlet looked like something from the Deadliest Catch. Something we’ve never experienced before there so while we always enjoy learning about conditions, our backs took a beating!! but obviously, we persevered and lived to tell about it. ;)

Can’t wait for a fish fry tomorrow!

IMG_2343.jpeg

Don

My goodness they look yummy. The seas really get confused there as the. Current and winds usually conflict or oppose each other. You’re allot tougher than me.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
My goodness they look yummy. The seas really get confused there as the. Current and winds usually conflict or oppose each other. You’re allot tougher than me.
I don’t know about tougher, Aleeve was the first thing I grabbed when I got home and this morning, yeah, I’m feeling way older than I think I should. 😂