What did you Buy Today?

Don M

Went to the flea market today, looking for mitchell reela, no luck. I did find 2 tubes of reel butter for $3.00 = savings of about $12.00. I do like hot sauce grease better but for the $$$I'll use it. The beads were free from my go to vendor.Butter grease.jpg

Solitario Lupo

I ordered one of these action cams for recording some outings. Years ago I had purchased the original GoPro and the video was horrible. This is 1/4 the price of the newest GoPro and has excellent reviews. Now to wait for shipping, head cam videos coming soon, lol
View attachment 2959
I got an older one. Used it 3 or 4 times and can’t remember where I put it lol. Maybe I should break it out.

Reactions: Don

Melvinp

A small buzz bait had to hit Waldo’s for silicone so you gotta look in the fishing section lol

Blackcat Outdoors

I read quite a few reviews and watched a bunch of YouTube videos, the only complaint I heard about the Brave 7 was a lack of audio quality.
That's my concern too. From what I've seen, brave 7 le has better audio than the regular 7. I can always dub the audio in with my studio mic too for trip videos. I like the upscaling and 4k video options the 7 has, but it's definitely more work to overdub the audio.

HenryDavid

That's my concern too. From what I've seen, brave 7 le has better audio than the regular 7. I can always dub the audio in with my studio mic too for trip videos. I like the upscaling and 4k video options the 7 has, but it's definitely more work to overdub the audio.
I was looking for something that just had decent audio and video. I'm not sure I want to render and edit in 4k, seems like it would take a long time. I'll probably have this cam in a week or so and I'll give some updates on it. Learning curve might take a little time but I can at least upload some raw video so you can see what the V50-Pro can do.

Blackcat Outdoors

I was looking for something that just had decent audio and video. I'm not sure I want to render and edit in 4k, seems like it would take a long time. I'll probably have this cam in a week or so and I'll give some updates on it. Learning curve might take a little time but I can at least upload some raw video so you can see what the V50-Pro can do.
Awesome, I appreciate it. I'm curious how much better the audio is. Probably going to order something next week in hopes of having it for an overnight kyack trip I'm doing for trout season.

I've done some 4k (my phone will do it actually) and it does take almost twice as long to render and upload. I usually upload in 1080p for that reason, but I'm hoping to get a couple videos ahead and scheduled on my channel here soon. That'll give me more time to play around with a new camera. The big boys all use 4k now, but I'm on the fence for myself. If you're watching on a phone or tablet, which is what most people do, then I don't think it makes a huge difference. If I watch on my TV, you definitely can notice a difference.

HenryDavid

This is my current setup in 1080. It doesn't look horrible, but the image stabilization sucks. That's another thing I'm interested in.
The image stabilization was something I wasn't as concerned about. I don't plan on using it on a bike or car but you never know. The V50 Pro did not have good IS. I imagine you've seen this guy -
He does some nice side by side comparisons.

This guy from Canada does some good videos on gear as well -

Blackcat Outdoors

The image stabilization was something I wasn't as concerned about. I don't plan on using it on a bike or car but you never know. The V50 Pro did not have good IS. I imagine you've seen this guy -
He does some nice side by side comparisons.

This guy from Canada does some good videos on gear as well -
Lol.

I just watched that first video this morning after I posted. 😁

Randy Z

St Croix lost a guide insert. Thought the new one was a one piece but it’s not. I’m on fence if I’ll keep or run back to Cabelas to swap. The Premier one piece is ML F this is L XF. I do like the real light weight tall guides on this one so might just add to collection and watch for a one piece.

President XT 20 reel to match the color and lightweight nature of the rod Z built.

Bunch of tackle but left plenty for you bass guys or anyone needing curly tailed grubs in the 7-9” length 😁View attachment 2900View attachment 2901View attachment 2902View attachment 2903
That looks good!

Melvinp

I would never ever buy that line. Trilene xl smooth has to be the worst line I’ve ever used.
I’m just the opposite trilene or way bother I have had bad line from almost every company as long with good I just think like everything else you can get a bad batch

MB3

Suffix Siege. From 4lb trout line to 20lb gator Blues it just doesn't like to break. To kick start my re-introduction to fishing I'm looking at a new spinning rod. Just don't know what I want.