What did you Buy Today?

Gremcat

I feel your pain, repaved the entire lower driveway - $14k, still need to seal upper driveway for now. It’ll need to be milled and repaved at some point soon. Running heavy equipment on it did it no favors. It was in good shape but we needed to cut a trench for drain pipe. That drive will hurt to repave. It’s sitting on clay so needs base in my mind.F3A5F155-9D95-4F47-B0C9-ECB9BDF5F433.jpeg

Blackcat Outdoors

I feel your pain, repaved the entire lower driveway - $14k, still need to seal upper driveway for now. It’ll need to be milled and repaved at some point soon. Running heavy equipment on it did it no favors. It was in good shape but we needed to cut a trench for drain pipe. That drive will hurt to repave. It’s sitting on clay so needs base in my mind.View attachment 3376
Yeah, mines on its last legs. I have to get the Mrs a new car here really soon, so I'm hoping by patching and sealing again I can get another couple years before shelling out 10k for it.

Gremcat

I am with you but the guy hasn’t been back. It wasn’t in terrible shape even with the work we did but he didn’t want to slab cut the bad area/trench I cut and do that 1/3 of drive. He filled the trench and dumped a bunch on top of existing in another area essentially doing nothing there. Plan was to cut a fresh edge on the trench to get rid of cracks and patch it. He had another job so showed up to rush his guys and then developed amnesia. I’m hoping if he fills the big dip he made, we put a little 2-4’ wide strip at top, then seal I’ll get another 3-5 or more. The equipment I ran on it sort of left lumpy spots due to clay base on half. If concrete wasn’t so hard to get delivered I’d just pour the entire upper drive.

Gremcat

Was def nice when we moved in but cutting those gutters French drain across left a big strip to fill. Then the runoff spot held a pond so I ground it down. The guy just paved over that runoff instead of slabbing it out and replacing like I thought. Only reason I’m indifferent is it cost what he quoted just the lower drive costing when we moved in so I consider the upper free right now. The little paved walk to stairs in first pic was a free add-on too.

Pics when we moved in. F6421201-2C53-4E6F-B3A9-9703E0F2F009.jpeg359B24FB-6441-49D1-A3BA-732E81685F59.jpeg

MB3

PXL_20220528_174559748.jpgPXL_20220528_174654837.jpgPXL_20220528_174618751.jpg
This is the replacement for what we called our Smallie set up. It was a Falcon rod, Walmart clearanced them out at $5 each but they retailed for $80 (I bought all 3).

I slipped down a river bank, the rod snapped under my heft and low laying countries were under tsunami alert. Field and Stream had it 20% off. I'll have a review of it tomorrow but so far it was what I was looking for. Looks like quality, should be great for plastics.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
View attachment 3392View attachment 3393View attachment 3394
This is the replacement for what we called our Smallie set up. It was a Falcon rod, Walmart clearanced them out at $5 each but they retailed for $80 (I bought all 3).

I slipped down a river bank, the rod snapped under my heft and low laying countries were under tsunami alert. Field and Stream had it 20% off. I'll have a review of it tomorrow but so far it was what I was looking for. Looks like quality, should be great for plastics.
Falcon are suppose to be good rods. I’ll be curious in your review.

MB3

You’re a great quantum guy. 30 series reel?
I believe it is. I bought a 2 pack of new KVD edition reels from eBay. They are Quantum Smokes, new version but with KVD logos. They have been dead reliable but they do lose their smoothness after time if I had a complaint besides price.

MB3

Falcon are suppose to be good rods. I’ll be curious in your review.
The Falcon rod was the one I broke. It was a 6ft L spin rod. Split grip, light weight, great for practically everything we catch. Super sensitive and was a favorite for Smallies and the kayak.

The newest Favorite rod will see some work tomorrow. Nice temps and low winds. It would have been a perfect day but we literally just lost 3 chickens and another one has a large gash in it. Distracting to say the least.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
The Falcon rod was the one I broke. It was a 6ft L spin rod. Split grip, light weight, great for practically everything we catch. Super sensitive and was a favorite for Smallies and the kayak.

The newest Favorite rod will see some work tomorrow. Nice temps and low winds. It would have been a perfect day but we literally just lost 3 chickens and another one has a large gash in it. Distracting to say the least.
Oh. Understood. Well then, It will be interesting to hear your comparison. Sorry to hear about the chickens.

Reactions: MB3

Don

son put a roof over hen yard. Cooper’s hawks and foxes were harvesting his chickens one by one.
Then , being the hunter he is, he installed a couple game cameras. It is astounding the number of fox, coyote, coon and more that cross the area nightly.
So far no weasels. Thankfully.

Don

With Panfish and grandkids in mind I bought this almost new Plano box full of goodies. Suffix 8lb, perch jerkbait, 2 bags of #6 hooks, three bags of split shot, one box of Texas rig sinker heads. $7.

Attachments

• 3CD41359-26C6-48FD-84D5-DEF1DA39A081.jpeg
    3CD41359-26C6-48FD-84D5-DEF1DA39A081.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • DC44C079-85CF-4007-9079-D8B2A064B57E.jpeg
    DC44C079-85CF-4007-9079-D8B2A064B57E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

Don

But then I forgot to mention a pre 1970 33, a 752 Cardinal and, an ancient collectors item, ocean city #35 fly reel, made in Philly.
10$.
Did I Mention a pricey berkely(5$) and moderate Ugly Stick (3$,)spincast rods.