What did you Buy Today?

Don

Our campgrounds are potentially closing. We’re considering CO, WY or UT if we can’t find something else in MO.

Don

Out campgrounds were in the flooded area in Montana. It was nt just the Yellowstone. The park gods closed hiking trails all over the area. The thought is that Covid caused the erosion.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I mentioned getting some of this line in another thread. I guess you can say I am a fan. I still love my pricey Sunline Assassin, I won’t say it’s better than Sunline but it is so damn close that justifying paying more at this point would be goofy.

8B144FF8-C9E8-4ED2-B975-3584246B62A9.jpeg

Gremcat

I mentioned getting some of this line in another thread. I guess you can say I am a fan. I still love my pricey Sunline Assassin, I won’t say it’s better than Sunline but it is so damn close that justifying paying more at this point would be goofy.

View attachment 3541
I saw that yesterday at WM and it caught my attention. It was WM so I didn’t buy it. I couldn’t remember how many spools of premium line I had left either. Felt like I was getting low but know I didn’t try 20+ lines yet. Was looking at spool last trip when a 30” brown was chasing me and it’s 1/3 full on a size 15 reel sooo, I gotta respool at least two rods.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I saw that yesterday at WM and it caught my attention. It was WM so I didn’t buy it. I couldn’t remember how many spools of premium line I had left either. Felt like I was getting low but know I didn’t try 20+ lines yet. Was looking at spool last trip when a 30” brown was chasing me and it’s 1/3 full on a size 15 reel sooo, I gotta respool at least two rods.
It is never fun losing fish when you know you’re the reason you lost it. Get on it! ;)

Don

With what?

MB3

PXL_20220621_215729696.jpg
My Cabela's 6'6" CGR had an accident some where and I found a good part of the tip dangling. This came today with Father's Day GCs (thanks babe, no not you A-5 :) )

I don't know why but I LOVE the 4wt. Perfect for walking tight streams and the bow of the boat. I'll probably fix up the old rod as a spare for the next mishap lol

Bootfoot

I like my 4 wt as well. Come to think of it I like my 5, 6 and 8’s as well. No so much my 3 wt though. I have been thinking of picking up a CGR because the price is right and people Rave about them. Enjoy it!

Don

I have old Wright McGill 4 and a 5 Wy and a two wonder Rod 8wt. Two older than me. Shakys are 60’s or sm70’s. All fiberglass. None of them feel like their rated. Floppy. 4’s and 5’s are my faves. I like fiber glass.

MB3

I like my 4 wt as well. Come to think of it I like my 5, 6 and 8’s as well. No so much my 3 wt though. I have been thinking of picking up a CGR because the price is right and people Rave about them. Enjoy it!
I am a novice at best but I know when I enjoy a set up. I love the floppy, feel everything sensitivity. I've caught a few large trout on it and what a blast.

I have a Nautilus/ Gloomis set up I traded for just hanging in the basement. I find 9ft rods difficult unless you have lots of space. But again, I'm still learning.

Reactions: Don

HenryDavid

I've had one outing with this stuff. At first it seemed smooth and silky but after casting awhile it didn't slide through the guides as easily. I couldn't flick out slack line which is important for me for long drifts with dries and poppers. Flicking the slack line out took more effort and affected the drift of the fly, if that makes any sense. I guess with fly line you get what you pay for, my Scientific Anglers Frequency line slides out much better, I can flick slack line out and get a super long drift without affecting the fly / popper, no drag.

Reactions: Don