What did you Buy Today?

Don

I'm getting ready for Palisades Reservoir in Irwin Idaho. We had to move our plans out of Red Lodge Montana due to the erosion. I plan to fish for Mountain Whitefish, look'em up. When targeting these Trout are the by-catch. If i'd fish for Trout I may or may never get one but I surely wouldn't get a Whitefish. I'm also hoping to find a pond with bass as my grandsons have never caught or seen Bass.

Attachments

• IMG_3824.JPG
    IMG_3824.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

HenryDavid

I've used line dressing in the past, it does work. I've unspooled line and soaked it in dish washing liquid and wiped it down with some fancy cloth made for cleaning fly line. I don't want to do that after every outing, maybe once a year. Is there any line dressing that you would recommend?

Don

Water. Other than that I've no experience. Hoping that you'd enlighten us. Don't ever want to go back to Bamboozle's advice.

For those of you from Rio Linda let me explain that Bamboozle is an experienced but very high end fisherman from another station.

Melvinp

Ive got a different company line on most of my fly rods SA,RIO,Wulff,Orvise ive tried a lot of different companies and types,Good line is good and cheap line is cheap.

Bootfoot

With the myriad of fly lines out there I recently went back to an old friend that you can never go wrong with, Cortland 444 in peach. It’s about 65 bucks so I guess that’s mid range nowadays. I dont mind the higher end Cabelas stuff either and I like my Rio shooting head line on my 8 as well.

HenryDavid

Water. Other than that I've no experience. Hoping that you'd enlighten us. Don't ever want to go back to Bamboozle's advice.

For those of you from Rio Linda let me explain that Bamboozle is an experienced but very high end fisherman from another station.
I have something called "D-Funk". I'll be applying some of that on my 8wt. line tomorrow, I'll let you know how well it works.

Don

Cool. I have allot of cheap flyline and some of it I like. It’s easy to tell when it’s dirty.

HenryDavid

Cool. I have allot of cheap flyline and some of it I like. It’s easy to tell when it’s dirty.
I did some reading after posting, found a lot of recommendations for regular Rain-X, so long as it says "not harmful to plastics".

Don

Yes I was told that as well. Have you ever heard of using olive oil? I thought I had but can't remember...less cholesterol.

A-5

One thing I’m learning about fly line it’s never good when it’s this cheap. I bought that cheap cabelas stuff and already had the loop ripped off then another knot cut it off as well. Good luck with that.

I’ll second scientific angler. So far no problem with it.
Again. I’m not actually fly fishing. Catching salmon isn’t actually fishing.